Device Configuration Utility

I have an Asus WL-330g wireless access point that I use with an Acer
Travelmate 2200 notebook running XP HE sp2. When I attempt to run the the
configuration utility for the device I get the following error message: "Bind
failed with:10048". After clicking 'OK' on the error message window, the
program seems to start, but only shows up on the windows taskbar, without a
program window appearing on the desktop. I have removed and reinstalled the
program and I have tried running the utility directly from the CD to no
avail. The device does function, but there are obvious issues about
security, etc. because I cannot change any of the default settings. I have
contacted Asus support and did not receive much of it. They seem to feel it
had something to do with TCP/IP settings, but that appears to be a dead end.
I posted this problem a while back, but it is still an issue. Any suggestions
as to a resolution to this problem
would be greatly appreciated.

Roy W.

Have you checked/updated the device's Firmware. I just
checked and it looks like Ver 1.12 is the latest available.
Have you considered configuring the device outside the
Asus utility & using XP's native Wireless Setup applet.

Latest Firmware for the device is found at:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?Type=All&model=WL-330g

The latest drivers seem to be dated around Aug-2004, &
I didn't see anything in the history log about "Binding" issues.

"Roy W." <RoyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Asus WL-330g wireless access point that I use with an Acer
> Travelmate 2200 notebook running XP HE sp2. When I attempt to run the the
> configuration utility for the device I get the following error message:
> "Bind
> failed with:10048". After clicking 'OK' on the error message window, the
> program seems to start, but only shows up on the windows taskbar, without
> program window appearing on the desktop. I have removed and reinstalled
> the
> program and I have tried running the utility directly from the CD to no
> avail. The device does function, but there are obvious issues about
> security, etc. because I cannot change any of the default settings. I have
> contacted Asus support and did not receive much of it. They seem to feel
> it
> had something to do with TCP/IP settings, but that appears to be a dead
> end.
> I posted this problem a while back, but it is still an issue. Any
> suggestions
> as to a resolution to this problem
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Roy W.

Hey, thanks for the post. Up to this point I have not been able to access the
device in any way. The device connects me to the internet, but I can't apply
any security to the connect without the utility (or check firmware verson).
If there is a native applet than can do that I don't know about it.