8 foot parallel to usb cable?

Hello all,

Title pretty much says it all. I am in need of a parallel printer cable that is parallel to usb. The thing is, is that I am unable to locate one that is longer than 6 feet and we need one that is slightly longer 8 feet or more is what is preferable. Does anyone know of anywhere that I may be able to find such a cable. This is for one of the higher ups in my office and he doesnt want to use any sort of extender (though that may be what has to be done) in order to remedy this problem. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Best,

3Ball
4 answers Last reply
More about foot parallel cable
  1. I don't suppose simply getting a more modern printer is possible? Even with a converter cable, you'll be printing at LPT speeds, which are agonizingly slow by today's standards.

Other than that, I don't know of any LPT-USB cables of that length.
  2. Yea, believe me. That is what I would want them to do, but our company is going to be moving to a new buiding soon in Dallas and so we are trying to buy as few new things as possible. Especially on the personal level. I am pretty sure that we just went with an extender cable and he is just having to deal with its lack of efficiency and speed for now. Thanks for the response.

Best,

3Ball
  3. Sure, sorry it wasn't more timely. I only joined here yesterday.

A brand new wireless-enabled inkjet printer can be had for under $100 - he probably spends half that every time he replaces the cartridges. Surely he can manage that in th ebudget and then won't need a cable at all? Check Lexmark, they have the least expensive wireless printers and are incredibly easy to set up in my experience.

Cheers,
    Blue
  4. Agent Blue said:
    Sure, sorry it wasn't more timely. I only joined here yesterday.

A brand new wireless-enabled inkjet printer can be had for under $100 - he probably spends half that every time he replaces the cartridges. Surely he can manage that in th ebudget and then won't need a cable at all? Check Lexmark, they have the least expensive wireless printers and are incredibly easy to set up in my experience.

Cheers,
    Blue

Thanks for the response. I see if that is an option he would like to consider.

Best,

3Ball
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers USB Cable Peripherals