Works Product Key

July 21, 2005 2:17:59 PM

One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of Microsoft
Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.

Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this in the
registry please?

--

Regards
Joe

More about : works product key

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:18:00 PM

Joe wrote:
> One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of
> Microsoft Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.
>
> Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this
> in the registry please?

TTBOMK, the key isn't stored in the registry. I'm not sure whether a
keyfinder (e.g. Magic JellyBean, Belarc Adviser or Everest) would locate it.
If not, he's SOL as MS discontinued all support for that version of the
Works Suite nearly two years ago.

If that is the case then all I can recommend is that he upgrades.
July 21, 2005 2:18:00 PM

Maybe look at this. Not sure if it will work on MS Works.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

"Joe" <jogor@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of
Microsoft
> Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.
>
> Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this in
the
> registry please?
>

> --
>
> Regards
> Joe
> Tasmania

July 21, 2005 2:18:00 PM

Belarc Advisor lists the MS Works key.

Magical Jellybean Key Finder and Nirsoft's ProduKey won't list MS Works key.

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uz2GqmYjFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Joe <jogor@bigpond.net.au> hunted and pecked:
> One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of Microsoft
> Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.
>
> Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this in the
> registry please?
>

> --
>
> Regards
> Joe
> Tasmania
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:18:01 PM

Your "not sure?" then WHY do you bother?
AND if your "not sure" how can you recommend anything?
IFC
> Joe wrote:
>> One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of
>> Microsoft Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this
>> in the registry please?
>
> TTBOMK, the key isn't stored in the registry. I'm not sure whether a
> keyfinder (e.g. Magic JellyBean, Belarc Adviser or Everest) would locate
> it. If not, he's SOL as MS discontinued all support for that version of
> the Works Suite nearly two years ago.
>
> If that is the case then all I can recommend is that he upgrades.

July 21, 2005 4:19:26 PM

Thanks to all for your replies, I have passed the information onto our
member.

--

Regards
Joe