Works Product Key

One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of Microsoft
Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.

Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this in the
registry please?

--

Regards
Joe

    Joe wrote:
    > One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of
    > Microsoft Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this
    > in the registry please?

    TTBOMK, the key isn't stored in the registry. I'm not sure whether a
    keyfinder (e.g. Magic JellyBean, Belarc Adviser or Everest) would locate it.
    If not, he's SOL as MS discontinued all support for that version of the
    Works Suite nearly two years ago.

    If that is the case then all I can recommend is that he upgrades.

    Maybe look at this. Not sure if it will work on MS Works.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

    "Joe" <jogor@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of
    Microsoft
    > Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this in
    the
    > registry please?
    >

    > --
    >
    > Regards
    > Joe
    > Tasmania

    Belarc Advisor lists the MS Works key.

    Magical Jellybean Key Finder and Nirsoft's ProduKey won't list MS Works key.

    Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uz2GqmYjFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Joe <jogor@bigpond.net.au> hunted and pecked:
    > One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of Microsoft
    > Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this in the
    > registry please?
    >

    > --
    >
    > Regards
    > Joe
    > Tasmania

    Your "not sure?" then WHY do you bother?
    AND if your "not sure" how can you recommend anything?
    IFC
    > Joe wrote:
    >> One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of
    >> Microsoft Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this
    >> in the registry please?
    >
    > TTBOMK, the key isn't stored in the registry. I'm not sure whether a
    > keyfinder (e.g. Magic JellyBean, Belarc Adviser or Everest) would locate
    > it. If not, he's SOL as MS discontinued all support for that version of
    > the Works Suite nearly two years ago.
    >
    > If that is the case then all I can recommend is that he upgrades.

    Thanks to all for your replies, I have passed the information onto our
    member.

    --

    Regards
    Joe
    > Belarc Advisor lists the MS Works key.
    >
    > Magical Jellybean Key Finder and Nirsoft's ProduKey won't list MS Works
    > key.
    >
    > Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
    > http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:uz2GqmYjFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > Joe <jogor@bigpond.net.au> hunted and pecked:
    >> One of our Senior group has lost his product key for his copy of
    >> Microsoft
    >> Works Suite 2001 which he has installed on his XP Computer.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me where he may be able to find the CD key for this in
    >> the
    >> registry please?
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> Regards