Drive letter assigments

Hi guys (and other gals),
I have installed WinXP Pro with SP2 on my Dell PC that also has Win-ME
running on it. I have 2 HDD's on system partitioned from Win-ME side
as: C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J, K=CD-ROM, L=CD-RW, M=Zip Drive (parallel port
connection).
Problem is when I boot into XP, the drive letters get messed up.
I thought there was a utility or something in XP that let you assign
drive letters. I can not find it!

Anyone have any idea as to where it is located in XP?

Thank you very much!
Cin

Type: drive letters in the Search box in Help and Support and click thr
arrow.

To assign, change, or remove a drive letter
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/dm_drive_letter.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1121905878.008898.255680@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com,
cutie_pyie <cutie_pyie@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi guys (and other gals),
> I have installed WinXP Pro with SP2 on my Dell PC that also has Win-ME
> running on it. I have 2 HDD's on system partitioned from Win-ME side
> as: C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J, K=CD-ROM, L=CD-RW, M=Zip Drive (parallel port
> connection).
> Problem is when I boot into XP, the drive letters get messed up.
> I thought there was a utility or something in XP that let you assign
> drive letters. I can not find it!
>
> Anyone have any idea as to where it is located in XP?
>
> Thank you very much!
> Cin

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307844

regards,