Your System Has No Paging File, or the Paging File Is Too ..

I had some kind of blue screen error and had to repair the windows
installation. I essentially went through a re-install and afterwards, I
get
the above error.

I found a couple articles. One about NTFS permissions which I checked and
are correct. The other was something about Intel chipsets which I don't
believe I have the chipsets mentioned.

The Performance settings show that a page file is set on the C: drive (the
only drive) however it shows the size is actually zero.

I've installed all the updates, removed and re-added the page file. I'm
not
sure how to make it come back.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Gary
8 answers Last reply
More about your system paging file paging file

    Kindly go through the following article by Alex Nicole,MS-MVP:-
    Virtual Memory in Windows XP
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

    It will help you to set page file optimally.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Gary wrote:

    > I had some kind of blue screen error and had to repair the windows
    > installation. I essentially went through a re-install and afterwards, I
    > get
    > the above error.
    >
    > I found a couple articles. One about NTFS permissions which I checked and
    > are correct. The other was something about Intel chipsets which I don't
    > believe I have the chipsets mentioned.
    >
    > The Performance settings show that a page file is set on the C: drive (the
    > only drive) however it shows the size is actually zero.
    >
    > I've installed all the updates, removed and re-added the page file. I'm
    > not
    > sure how to make it come back.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you very much.
    >
    > Gary

    Unfortunately....the system won't create the paging file. Once I get can
    get one, I'll be happy...and consider optimizing it. But at the
    moment...it
    is failing to create the file. See the following document for my problem.
    Perhaps I'm missing something in the link you gave me.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315270

    "Gary" <tuffboystl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I had some kind of blue screen error and had to repair the windows
    > installation. I essentially went through a re-install and afterwards, I
    > get
    > the above error.
    >
    > I found a couple articles. One about NTFS permissions which I checked and
    > are correct. The other was something about Intel chipsets which I don't
    > believe I have the chipsets mentioned.
    >
    > The Performance settings show that a page file is set on the C: drive (the
    > only drive) however it shows the size is actually zero.

    I guess u talk about WinXP?
    However, set the paging file to system-managed or whatever it is called in your
    OS.
    Then after the reboot it usually is 1.5 times the ram size.

    I did do that...and still got the same error. And yes..Windows XP.

    "Wallaroo" <nospam@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    > "Gary" <tuffboystl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I had some kind of blue screen error and had to repair the windows
    >> installation. I essentially went through a re-install and afterwards, I
    >> get
    >> the above error.
    >>
    >> I found a couple articles. One about NTFS permissions which I checked
    >> and
    >> are correct. The other was something about Intel chipsets which I don't
    >> believe I have the chipsets mentioned.
    >>
    >> The Performance settings show that a page file is set on the C: drive
    >> (the
    >> only drive) however it shows the size is actually zero.

    > I guess u talk about WinXP?
    > However, set the paging file to system-managed or whatever it is called in
    > your OS.
    > Then after the reboot it usually is 1.5 times the ram size.

    "Wallaroo" <nospam@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    > "Gary" <tuffboystl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I had some kind of blue screen error and had to repair the windows
    >> installation. I essentially went through a re-install and afterwards, I
    >> get
    >> the above error.
    >>
    >> I found a couple articles. One about NTFS permissions which I checked
    >> and
    >> are correct. The other was something about Intel chipsets which I don't
    >> believe I have the chipsets mentioned.
    >>
    >> The Performance settings show that a page file is set on the C: drive
    >> (the
    >> only drive) however it shows the size is actually zero.

    > I guess u talk about WinXP?

    Since this is an XP group, yes I gues it is XP!!!!!

    > Unfortunately....the system won't create the paging file. Once I get can
    > get one, I'll be happy...and consider optimizing it. But at the
    > moment...it
    > is failing to create the file. See the following document for my problem.
    > Perhaps I'm missing something in the link you gave me.

    u still got enough free space on your HD?

    8 GB...yah

    > "Gary" <tuffboystl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Unfortunately....the system won't create the paging file. Once I get
    can
    >> get one, I'll be happy...and consider optimizing it. But at the
    >> moment...it
    >> is failing to create the file. See the following document for my
    >> problem.
    >> Perhaps I'm missing something in the link you gave me.
    >>

    > u still got enough free space on your HD?

    "Gary" <tuffboystl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I had some kind of blue screen error and had to repair the windows
    > installation. I essentially went through a re-install and afterwards, I
    > get
    > the above error.
    >
    > I found a couple articles. One about NTFS permissions which I checked and
    > are correct. The other was something about Intel chipsets which I don't
    > believe I have the chipsets mentioned.
    >
    > The Performance settings show that a page file is set on the C: drive (the
    > only drive) however it shows the size is actually zero.
    >
    > I've installed all the updates, removed and re-added the page file. I'm
    > not
    > sure how to make it come back.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you very much.
    >
    > Gary

    It is probably a permission error of some kind! I have seen this exact
    problem when the "Everyone" group is denied access to the "C" drive. Since
    you reinstalled, maybe some of the permissions are screwed up.

Windows XP