Folder Windows Always Open Maximized

July 20, 2005 10:25:01 PM

Can anyone tell me why my system has reverted to opening all folders
maximized and/or how to fix it? I have opened the Folder Options tool and
reset everything to default, then reset it to how I always have it (which
includes remembering the last view setting for each window), but every time I
open a folder, it is maximized. I can reform the window the way I want it,
but if I close it, the next time I open it, it will be maximized again. I
have run my machine through the gamut for viruses, spyware, etc., etc., but
nothing comes up "odd". I have cleaned the registry using the tools I always
use (Ace Utilities, Regseeker, RegscrubXP) to no avail. I have a feeling this
is something simple, but I'll be da--ed if I can figure it out. Thanks ...
Bill F
--
"Don''t believe everything you think."
Anonymous

I can answer my own question! I use a freebie called Autosizer that will make
any application window open maximized -- something I find extremely valuable.
I have been using it for 2-3 years now, and it is so innocuous and
well-behaved, it never dawned on me that something might have gone haywire
with it that was causing all my folder windows to open maximized. Until now.
I opened a new app, and as I always do, I then told Autosizer to maximize the
main window. Tjhat's when the light bulb came on that maybe something was
wrong. Uninistalled/reinstalled it, and voila! all my folder are back to
behaving again.
--

"Bill F" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why my system has reverted to opening all folders
> maximized and/or how to fix it? I have opened the Folder Options tool and
> reset everything to default, then reset it to how I always have it (which
> includes remembering the last view setting for each window), but every time I
> open a folder, it is maximized. I can reform the window the way I want it,
> but if I close it, the next time I open it, it will be maximized again. I
> have run my machine through the gamut for viruses, spyware, etc., etc., but
> nothing comes up "odd". I have cleaned the registry using the tools I always
> use (Ace Utilities, Regseeker, RegscrubXP) to no avail. I have a feeling this
> is something simple, but I'll be da--ed if I can figure it out. Thanks ...
> Bill F
> --
> "Don''t believe everything you think."
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 1:41:11 AM

<wink> You've been answering a lot of your own questions tonight, Bill.

Also see http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/answers.htm#new_wi...
(applies to all Windows applications, including Windows Explorer).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

!