Folder Windows Always Open Maximized

Can anyone tell me why my system has reverted to opening all folders
maximized and/or how to fix it? I have opened the Folder Options tool and
reset everything to default, then reset it to how I always have it (which
includes remembering the last view setting for each window), but every time I
open a folder, it is maximized. I can reform the window the way I want it,
but if I close it, the next time I open it, it will be maximized again. I
have run my machine through the gamut for viruses, spyware, etc., etc., but
nothing comes up "odd". I have cleaned the registry using the tools I always
use (Ace Utilities, Regseeker, RegscrubXP) to no avail. I have a feeling this
is something simple, but I'll be da--ed if I can figure it out. Thanks ...
Bill F
--
"Don''t believe everything you think."
2 answers Last reply

    I can answer my own question! I use a freebie called Autosizer that will make
    any application window open maximized -- something I find extremely valuable.
    I have been using it for 2-3 years now, and it is so innocuous and
    well-behaved, it never dawned on me that something might have gone haywire
    with it that was causing all my folder windows to open maximized. Until now.
    I opened a new app, and as I always do, I then told Autosizer to maximize the
    main window. Tjhat's when the light bulb came on that maybe something was
    wrong. Uninistalled/reinstalled it, and voila! all my folder are back to
    behaving again.
    --

    "Bill F" wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me why my system has reverted to opening all folders
    > maximized and/or how to fix it? I have opened the Folder Options tool and
    > reset everything to default, then reset it to how I always have it (which
    > includes remembering the last view setting for each window), but every time I
    > open a folder, it is maximized. I can reform the window the way I want it,
    > but if I close it, the next time I open it, it will be maximized again. I
    > have run my machine through the gamut for viruses, spyware, etc., etc., but
    > nothing comes up "odd". I have cleaned the registry using the tools I always
    > use (Ace Utilities, Regseeker, RegscrubXP) to no avail. I have a feeling this
    > is something simple, but I'll be da--ed if I can figure it out. Thanks ...
    > Bill F
    > --
    > "Don''t believe everything you think."

    <wink> You've been answering a lot of your own questions tonight, Bill.

    Also see http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/answers.htm#new_window_max
    (applies to all Windows applications, including Windows Explorer).
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Bill F wrote:
    > I can answer my own question! I use a freebie called Autosizer that will
    > make any application window open maximized -- something I find extremely
    > valuable. I have been using it for 2-3 years now, and it is so innocuous
    > and well-behaved, it never dawned on me that something might have gone
    > haywire with it that was causing all my folder windows to open maximized.
    > Until now. I opened a new app, and as I always do, I then told Autosizer
    > to maximize the main window. Tjhat's when the light bulb came on that
    > maybe something was wrong. Uninistalled/reinstalled it, and voila! all my
    > folder are back to behaving again.
    >
    > > Can anyone tell me why my system has reverted to opening all folders
    > > maximized and/or how to fix it? I have opened the Folder Options tool
    > > and reset everything to default, then reset it to how I always have it
    > > (which includes remembering the last view setting for each window), but
    > > every time I open a folder, it is maximized. I can reform the window
    > > the way I want it, but if I close it, the next time I open it, it will
    > > be maximized again. I have run my machine through the gamut for
    > > viruses, spyware, etc., etc., but nothing comes up "odd". I have
    > > cleaned the registry using the tools I always use (Ace Utilities,
    > > Regseeker, RegscrubXP) to no avail. I have a feeling this is something
    > > simple, but I'll be da--ed if I can figure it out. Thanks ... Bill F
    > > --
    > > "Don''t believe everything you think."

Microsoft Windows XP