Greetings all,
I ran the network setup wizard and it created a new connection in "network
connections". Name: Internet Connection, Type: Internet Gateway.
I want to remove this connection but for the life of me I can't remember
how to do it. I have removed it several times in the past but this time I
need a little reminder.
The only 2 connections I want are Local Area and 1394.
Any hints? TIA
--

Mark N.

Open Network Connections...
Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | Click OK

Or...
Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications\Network Connections

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ugW0AmZjFHA.3784@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
M8RIX <mn8r1@home.com> hunted and pecked:
> Greetings all,
> I ran the network setup wizard and it created a new connection in "network
> connections". Name: Internet Connection, Type: Internet Gateway.
> I want to remove this connection but for the life of me I can't remember
> how to do it. I have removed it several times in the past but this time I
> need a little reminder.
> The only 2 connections I want are Local Area and 1394.
> Any hints? TIA
> --
>
> Mark N.

I know how to open Network Connections. That is where the connection is that
I can't seem to get rid of. I cant delete or disable the connection called
"Internet Connection".
> Open Network Connections...
> Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | Click OK
>
> Or...
> Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications\Network Connections
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:ugW0AmZjFHA.3784@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> M8RIX <mn8r1@home.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Greetings all,
>> I ran the network setup wizard and it created a new connection in
>> "network
>> connections". Name: Internet Connection, Type: Internet Gateway.
>> I want to remove this connection but for the life of me I can't
>> remember
>> how to do it. I have removed it several times in the past but this time I
>> need a little reminder.
>> The only 2 connections I want are Local Area and 1394.
>> Any hints? TIA
>> --
>>
>> Mark N.

Highlight Internet Connection | Right click | Select Delete

Highlight Internet Connection | Double click | Disable button

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23JweBlajFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
M8RIX <mn8r1@home.com> hunted and pecked:
> I know how to open Network Connections. That is where the connection is
> that I can't seem to get rid of. I cant delete or disable the connection
> called "Internet Connection".
>> Open Network Connections...
>> Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | Click OK
>>
>> Or...
>> Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications\Network Connections
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:ugW0AmZjFHA.3784@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> M8RIX <mn8r1@home.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Greetings all,
>>> I ran the network setup wizard and it created a new connection in
>>> "network
>>> connections". Name: Internet Connection, Type: Internet Gateway.
>>> I want to remove this connection but for the life of me I can't
>>> remember
>>> how to do it. I have removed it several times in the past but this time
>>> I need a little reminder.
>>> The only 2 connections I want are Local Area and 1394.
>>> Any hints? TIA
>>> --
>>>
>>> Mark N.

Thanks for trying to help. I have tried those obvious suggestions that you
pointed out, but Disable does nothing when clicked and Delete is grayed out.
Any other options?
> Highlight Internet Connection | Right click | Select Delete
>
> Highlight Internet Connection | Double click | Disable button
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:%23JweBlajFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> M8RIX <mn8r1@home.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I know how to open Network Connections. That is where the connection is
>> that I can't seem to get rid of. I cant delete or disable the connection
>> called "Internet Connection".
>>> Open Network Connections...
>>> Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | Click OK
>>>
>>> Or...
>>> Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications\Network Connections
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:ugW0AmZjFHA.3784@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>>> M8RIX <mn8r1@home.com> hunted and pecked:

Turn off the exception for UPnP Framework. That should stop the Internet
Connection icon from appearing.

Note that doing his will stop any apps that use UPnP functionality from
working to its full potential.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -