Desktop is freezing

Hi all, I have a serius problem, I start Windows XP, and it logs normal, but
when the desktop appears, it freezes and I have to logout my user ( its and
Admin user ) and re-logon again for the windows works fine again, how do I
solve this problem? I try to create a new admin user, but dont work..

Sorry for the bad english
Thanks for all
Everton Sanga

Malke

Everton Sanga wrote:

> Hi all, I have a serius problem, I start Windows XP, and it logs
> normal, but when the desktop appears, it freezes and I have to logout
> my user ( its and Admin user ) and re-logon again for the windows
> works fine again, how do I solve this problem? I try to create a new
> admin user, but dont work..
>
> Sorry for the bad english
> Thanks for all
> Everton Sanga

Your English is just fine; far better than my Portugeuse!

Something is running that is failing. You have to determine what that
is. Do all troubleshooting systematically, making one change and
testing before going onto something else.

1. First, make sure your computer is completely virus and malware-free.
Here are steps to follow for that:

2. If the computer is clean and the problem persists, try some
clean-boot troubleshooting:

Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

3. Also look in the Event Viewer for clues.
Start>Run>eventvwr.msc [enter]

4. And as always, ask yourself "what changed between the time things
worked and the time they didn't?".

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell