Sign in with
Your question

How do i take a picture with my webcam on my laptop windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
September 24, 2012 1:02:00 PM

How do i take a picture with my webcam on my laptop windows 7
please help me
September 24, 2012 3:28:55 PM

Did your laptop not come with webcam software? Try clicking on your Start menu and type "webcam", you may have software for it already.
Otherwise, look on your laptop manufacturer's site for webcam drivers/software for your specific model of laptop.
September 14, 2013 2:57:56 AM

Niavlys77 said:
Did your laptop not come with webcam software? Try clicking on your Start menu and type "webcam", you may have software for it already.
Otherwise, look on your laptop manufacturer's site for webcam drivers/software for your specific model of laptop.

No my computer only came with DOS and the manufacturer does not have software for this only a win 7 driver for the hardware from MS
Related resources
October 17, 2013 3:13:50 AM

I really don't know how to get the camera on my laptop to commect it is built in to the top of the screan it was fine one day I turned it off about 4 hors later it told me to connect a camera and I have been on settings and the lot but I just don't know how can omeone help me ?????:??: 
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2013 3:34:50 AM

Go into Control Panel>Device Manager and find the camera in the list - probably an entry with a yellow mark beside it. Right click it and go to Properties then click the Details tab, then scroll to Hardware IDs and note down the four characters after VEN for Vendor and the four which follow DEV for Device.

Go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and input those details in the relevant boxes and you will see the list of all the right manufacturer's products but sadly, they aren't in order. Use Internet Explorers Edit menu then Find to type in the DEVice ID and the search will find the correct entry. Follow the link to the site for the correct driver and download it.
October 17, 2013 3:38:37 AM

Try windows silverlight. Just kidding...
There are many flash web applications of questionable background that allow to do that. Unless you can not find the correct driver as stated above, its better to forget about it
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2013 3:41:42 AM

tonyzet - before I delete your post, care to tell me how it's relevant here?
October 17, 2013 3:45:38 AM

If you are refering to the guide link, i honestly have no idea how it is included to my post
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2013 3:48:18 AM

OK - I can edit that out but if there's no driver, how can another programme make it work?

EDIT - I can't actually edit it out - must be a Forum glitch which I shall report.
October 17, 2013 3:56:35 AM

I talk from personal experience. I had bought a oem laptop which i end up format. Unfortunately i lost the bundled dvd with drivers, so i had to search for days for the drivers. I didn't found all of them including the webcam driver.I wanted to check if my hardware was working "properly", so I googled something like "online take picture from laptop cam" and i found several websites that offered the ability to take pictures through a questionable in terms of security flash application.
Thats alll
I hope there isn;t any guide below my post
!