Password Protected ScreenSaver

I have a screen saver selected and have checked "On resume, password protect".

It works perfectly.

However, I want to be able to start the screen saver from a shortcut which I
created to the SCR file. The problem is it's not password protected. How
can I start it when I walk away from my desk and have it password protected?

I know how to lock the machine with WinKey + L or ALT+CTL+DEL but I want the
screen saver on password protected when I lock the machine.

Thanks for any and all help.
1 answer Last reply
More about password protected screensaver

    Steve Huff wrote on Wed, 20 Jul 2005:

    >I have a screen saver selected and have checked "On resume, password protect".
    >
    >It works perfectly.
    >
    >However, I want to be able to start the screen saver from a shortcut which I
    >created to the SCR file. The problem is it's not password protected. How
    >can I start it when I walk away from my desk and have it password protected?
    >
    >I know how to lock the machine with WinKey + L or ALT+CTL+DEL but I want the
    >screen saver on password protected when I lock the machine.
    >
    >Thanks for any and all help.

    I use a tiny free program called Wizmo to instantly start my screensaver
    (it can do a lot of other things as well). I have a shortcut on my Quick
    Launch bar and it will start up whichever screensaver has been selected
    in Display Properties. If you've set the saver to password protect, it
    will be protected when started by Wizmo too.

    You can get it here: http://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm

    Put wizmo.exe in your Windows folder, make a shortcut on the Desktop,
    and in the Properties > Target line put:

    C:\WINDOWS\wizmo.exe blank

    Then drag the shortcut icon onto your Quick Launch bar.

    Hope this helps.
    --
    Nightowl

Screensaver Microsoft Windows XP