hello, I am running XP SP2 and everytime I run avg,spybot,ad-ware I see the
abcdefgh.exe. I suspect that it maybe some type spyware or trojan. It is
also in my program list and I have not installed anything lately including
from the web. Should I be concerned? Thanks in advance for any help or
suggestions about this. S.

kelly

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=abcdefgh.exe&btnG=Google+Search

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"ahomegirl19" <ahomegirl19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello, I am running XP SP2 and everytime I run avg,spybot,ad-ware I see
> the
> abcdefgh.exe. I suspect that it maybe some type spyware or trojan. It is
> also in my program list and I have not installed anything lately including
> from the web. Should I be concerned? Thanks in advance for any help or
> suggestions about this. S.

It should be removed. Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log
file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that it can be analyzed.

HijackThis

pcbutts1 wrote:
> It should be removed. Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of
> the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that it
> can be analyzed.
> HijackThis
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Do NOT waste your time listening to this schmuck. Not only is this NOT
the place to post HijackThis logs, this idiot is no expert in
interpretating them.

When it comes to HijackThis, take the advice of one of this groups well
respected MS-MVP's, PA Bear:

"Check for Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis
(http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to
use. It will help you to both identify and remove any
hijackware/spyware.
**Post your HijackThis log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**"

PA Bear is an acknowledge expert here. pcButthead is just someone that
is trying to fool people into thinking he is an expert.

--
Peace!
Kurt

D a search here
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
John
"ahomegirl19" <ahomegirl19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello, I am running XP SP2 and everytime I run avg,spybot,ad-ware I see
the
> abcdefgh.exe. I suspect that it maybe some type spyware or trojan. It is
> also in my program list and I have not installed anything lately including
> from the web. Should I be concerned? Thanks in advance for any help or
> suggestions about this. S.

You could do a search for it and then right click properties and that will
tell you where a program comes from.
Sounds like a worm. If your virus program and adaware don't detect it maybe
you should turn off system restore and do a scan.

John