RAID 0 setup w. WD740 GD Raptor's

Trinity6

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2001
Hi,

Having problems getting a RAID 0 setup installed for two WD740 GD Raptor's with my A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo.
Finally gave up and now running Win XP Home Edition and Doom3 rock solid (finally, thanks to this FAQ), but only on one HD ...
At one point I thought I was doing allright: installation all per the A8N SLI manual, created RAID driver disk with "NVIDIA RAID Class Driver"
with NVIDIA RAID utility showing me following:
Boot: No
Id: 2
Vendor NVIDIA
Array: Stripe
Model / Name: 138.49G

Array1: NVIDIA Stripe 138.94G
Raid Mode: striping
Striping width: 2
Striping Block: 128K

Adapt: 2
Channel: 0 and 1 resp.
M/S: Master (both)
Index: 0 and 1 resp.
Disk: WDC
Model: WD740GD-00FLA1
Capacity: 69.24 GB (both)

Hangs on PCI Device Listing page.
Hardly any files on the drives, Windows has not been installed properly.

Anyone have a (preferably detailed) walkthrough how to go about? Anything I'm doing wrong?

Cheers!

pat

Expert
Should be as simple as connecting one drive to SATA primary channel 1 and the other one to SATA secondary channel1. (or something that looks like that on your motherboard. well, the first 2 SATA connectors on your board...), Then going into BIOS, enabled RAID for the connector your drive are connected on, save and exit, let it boot, press f10 or something like this at post to define your array, reboot, put the install CD for windows, start the install, press F6 to load third party drivers, let windows continue the install, when prompted, put your floppy and install the 2 drivers that will be proposed, let the install going, select your new drive (should be shown as one drive as RAID0 merge the 2 drives into 1), partition it for your needs, format and install windows. Be warned that doing that will erase all you now have on your drive. Backup any valuable data before doing that. Also, your manual should have a section that explain that... You said you read the FAQ, but what about your manual???

Did I make it clear?

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS