Sign in with
Your question

Write protect usb

Tags:
Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
March 2, 2010 2:32:15 PM

Hello, i just want to ask for solutions for removing the right protect of usb because i cant do anything with it

More about : write protect usb

March 12, 2010 4:00:48 PM

vemor abellera said:
Hello, i just want to ask for solutions for removing the right protect of usb because i cant do anything with it

I'm going to assume that you're talking about a USB flash drive. Are you referring to a hardware "write protect" (lock) or a software lock? Some USB flash drive's have a small lever on the side of the card that prevents data on the card from being read/written - if your USB drive has this, then try sliding it the other way. If there is a software lock, but no files on the USB drive, then you can simply format (erase and prepare the drive for use) the drive to remove the software provided with it. I've never found USB drive software to be of any use - it complicates things that don't need to be complicated. To format your USB drive, and this should work in all versions of Windows, right-click on it in "My Computer" and select "format...". Usually the default settings should be fine but please check the USB drive's manual (to see the current format) before choosing the format options (which you should match).
m
l
!