Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Connection Tray Problem

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 21, 2005 4:26:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

When the connection tray problem occur, I must reboot the system to gain the
control because i can do nothing when the problem occur.
How can I solve it?
July 21, 2005 4:26:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

What is the connection tray problem?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com



"Ivan" <ivanlam@kumshing.com.hk> wrote in message
news:o 9AkawajFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> When the connection tray problem occur, I must reboot the system to gain
> the control because i can do nothing when the problem occur.
> How can I solve it?
>
July 21, 2005 8:07:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I also don't know what it is. When I browse web site, it suddenly no
response to me and just display a message box said "Connection Tray Error".
Then I can do nothing because all function are no response. I must need to
reboot the system to gain the control again.

"Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:e%239LwvbjFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> What is the connection tray problem?
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
>
>
> "Ivan" <ivanlam@kumshing.com.hk> wrote in message
> news:o 9AkawajFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> When the connection tray problem occur, I must reboot the system to gain
>> the control because i can do nothing when the problem occur.
>> How can I solve it?
>>
>
>
Related resources
July 21, 2005 8:07:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Ivan wrote:

> I also don't know what it is. When I browse web site, it suddenly no
> response to me and just display a message box said "Connection Tray
> Error". Then I can do nothing because all function are no response. I
> must need to reboot the system to gain the control again.
>
> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org>
> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:e%239LwvbjFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> What is the connection tray problem?
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>
>>
>>
>> "Ivan" <ivanlam@kumshing.com.hk> wrote in message
>> news:o 9AkawajFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> When the connection tray problem occur, I must reboot the system to
>>> gain the control because i can do nothing when the problem occur.
>>> How can I solve it?
>>>
>>
>>

You haven't given us enough information to get help. How do you connect
to the Internet (method and ISP)?

To help narrow down the troubleshooting, ensure your computer is 100%
malware and virus-free by systematically going through the steps listed
here:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing...

When you know the computer is completely clean, if you are still having
the problem, do some clean-boot troubleshooting to determine what is
running in the background and causing the error:

Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

If you want more help, post back with the necessary details after you've
done the above troubleshooting. Include the results.

Help us to help you by making good newsgroup posts:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
March 7, 2012 1:13:09 AM

Hi, I have the same problem and after a bit of web searching it seems to be quite prevalent. (Although I have not yet found a solution to the problem).

I have an HP 6730b Laptop and connect to the internet via a Dynalink wireless G router.

Generally it all works fine and then out of the blue (usually after you've been connected for a few hours) the internet just stops working and the system tray (wireless network icon) stops responding so there is no way to 'repair' the connection.

I am then forced to re-boot which takes about 5 times as long as usual and generally hangs on a 'connections tray' issue that has to be stepped through in order to achieve shut down.

Once rebooted, everything is back to normal so it's not a major, just a real annoying time wasting issue.

Someone must have a handle on this by now???

Cheers

Linton P.



November 11, 2012 1:15:37 PM

Hi Linton,

I have been having the same problem with the exact same computer. Were you successful in troubleshooting this error yet? Please advise, thanks!

Mike

LintonP said:
Hi, I have the same problem and after a bit of web searching it seems to be quite prevalent. (Although I have not yet found a solution to the problem).

I have an HP 6730b Laptop and connect to the internet via a Dynalink wireless G router.

Generally it all works fine and then out of the blue (usually after you've been connected for a few hours) the internet just stops working and the system tray (wireless network icon) stops responding so there is no way to 'repair' the connection.

I am then forced to re-boot which takes about 5 times as long as usual and generally hangs on a 'connections tray' issue that has to be stepped through in order to achieve shut down.

Once rebooted, everything is back to normal so it's not a major, just a real annoying time wasting issue.

Someone must have a handle on this by now???

Cheers

Linton P.

November 17, 2012 8:51:05 PM

Ivan said:
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

When the connection tray problem occur, I must reboot the system to gain the
control because i can do nothing when the problem occur.
How can I solve it?

what connection tray r u talking about the icon in the system tray, something is wrong on the way u r doing it ;) 
December 29, 2012 2:30:03 PM

I have also had this problem. I just found a post that may help. I have tried it we will see. Here is the link too the post and I pasted the text below.
---------------

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/966720-connection-...

Intel® PROSet/Wireless is used to set up, edit and manage network profiles to connect to a network. It also includes advanced settings such as power management and channel selection for setting up ad-hoc networks.
If you use Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration* as your Wi-Fi manager, you can disable it from the Windows Wireless Network tab.
Disable Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration and use Intel® PROSet/Wireless as your Wi-Fi manager:

1.Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2.Double-click Network Connections.
3.Right-click Wireless Network Connection.
4.Click Properties.
5.Click Wireless Networks tab.
6.Verify that the Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings is not selected. If it is, clear it.
7.Click OK. This confirms the Intel PROSet/Wireless utility is configured to manage your network profiles.
Note Verify that the Intel PROSet/Wireless Tools > Application Settings option Notify when another application uses the wireless adapter is selected. This option prompts you when Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration starts to manage your network profiles.


I would go services.msc on run and disable Windows Wireless Zero.
The best to use is the Intel Pro. It gives you far more information than the Windows inbuilt wireless configuration manager.

NOTE Get the Intel Pro from the OEM site if an OEM computer OR from Intel site if generic and be careful if on Intel that you get the correct one. - if you do not now have it already - as certain editions only work with certain Intel wireless depending on wirless B/G - G etc.
!