Which is better Sony or cannon in Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navalkalra

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Hi People,

Can anyone help me to choose best digital camera available in India. My budget is Rs 10,000.00 (INR).

Cheaper the better but I am looking for good quality and nice after sales service as well.

Thanks

Naval
India

G

This kind of question is largely pointless. Both brands make a wide range of models.

Indeed if you look closely at a range of models from various brands it seems to me that many of them are the same camera made in a single factory in China with cosmetic changes.

Both Sony and Canon cameras seem more expensive than comparable models from Olympus, Fuji, Nikon -- which may be a triumph of marketing rather than any reflection on their quality.

If I were to choose between Canon and Sony, it would be Canon because they use SD cards which are cheaper than the proprietary memory sticks used on many Sony models.

Navalkalra

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Hi Fihart,

I believe I don't agree with you. Quality of Sony/Cannon might be good as compared to other brands available in the market like in Sony we find "Carl Zeisus" lens while local brands don't use such good quality lenses for their cameras.
Don't you think you. Not every thing comes from China some might come from Japan, malaysis, Korea too.

What do you think?

Regard your views too.

Naval

This kind of question is largely pointless. Both brands make a wide range of models.

Indeed if you look closely at a range of models from various brands it seems to me that many of them are the same camera made in a single factory in China with cosmetic changes.

Both Sony and Canon cameras seem more expensive than comparable models from Olympus, Fuji, Nikon -- which may be a triumph of marketing rather than any reflection on their quality.

If I were to choose between Canon and Sony, it would be Canon because they use SD cards which are cheaper than the proprietary memory sticks used on many Sony models.

G

You may find "Carl Zeiss" written on the lenses on some Sony Models and you will find "Leica" written on some Panasonic Lumix camera and "Schneider" on some Samsung and Kodak cameras. There indeed may some vague connection between these products and the famous old German lens brands but I suspect this is more to do with brand licensing than the actual supply of lenses.

Olympus, Canon, Nikon, Pentax don't need to proclaim such connections because they are distinguished in their own right as leading suppliers of other optical equipment -- microscopes, eyeglass lenses, binoculars etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.