Looking for a good 22 inch screen

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Hey, I'm building my first own desktop and I am looking for a not too pricy, good quality 22 inch screen for it
My previous pc has a flat that is pretty good and my laptop also, but my nephew has a laptop and when u look at it from the right or left side all the colours change etc its horrible, my laptop and desktop don't have that...

How do I know if a screen has that or not??

So anyone can give me some good screens??

thanks!!!!

What you are complaining about is indicative of TN panel technology. Nearly every single 22" LCD panel out there uses a TN panel. The exceptions are:

1. Lenovo ThinkVision L220x - It has the unique distinction of being the only 22" LCD monitor which has 1920 x 1200 resolution instead of 1680 x 1050. Costs around $450 - $500.

2. Any 22" Eizo LCD screen. Costs $650 - $5,000 depending on the model.

The above monitors uses S-PVA panels which generally do not suffer from the color changes until you get to more extreme angles.

==============================================

If I had to buy an inexpensive 22" LCD monitor right now using a TN panel, it would most likely be the Viewsoinc VX2255wmb. Based on a couple of reviews it seems to have better color accuracy (once calibrated) than most other 22" LCD monitors using TN panels. However, due to the fact it is a TN panel it will still suffer from somewhat limited viewing angles and probably some color banding issues from time to time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116078

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
So every screen has it?
My desktops screen doesnt have it only a lil less light when looking from the side...
So actually it doesn't matter wich 22" I take they all have it?

Not every screen, but the vast majority do, especially cheaper screens. Every single laptop has that for sure, but you can find better quality desktop screens that are not TN.

vsdagama

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
do acer and samsung have it?
and at least now I know the name of it :p
Why do my latop and desktop dont have it? both flat screen and pretty old and they are very good...