heroes 3

Last response: in Video Games
September 11, 2005 12:16:03 PM

hi,
I have a very strange problem.
Few days ago i contacted my isp(i use a cable connection) to resolve my
latency problem on the zone.He opened some ports and the latency become
normal(up to 300ms), but i lost the ability to join a game of heroes 3.The
ports that he opened was:2300 to 2400 TCP and UDP 6073 and 47624 TCP and UDP,
6667.
Before that i was able to join, not to host, even with a latency of 9000ms.
tnx for any kind of help

More about : heroes

Anonymous
September 11, 2005 7:21:56 PM

Hi Mavros,

2300 - 2400 UDP should be opened instead of 2300-2400 TCP.
And he didn't open 6667 TCP.

Anyways, refer him to these articles:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
and
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/4...
and
http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3401.htm

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"mavros" <mavros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15229C30-B191-4D10-8074-1B7A9847841E@microsoft.com...
| hi,
| I have a very strange problem.
| Few days ago i contacted my isp(i use a cable connection) to resolve my
| latency problem on the zone.He opened some ports and the latency become
| normal(up to 300ms), but i lost the ability to join a game of heroes 3.The
| ports that he opened was:2300 to 2400 TCP and UDP 6073 and 47624 TCP and UDP,
| 6667.
| Before that i was able to join, not to host, even with a latency of 9000ms.
| tnx for any kind of help
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 12:26:22 PM

hello and tnx!
unfortunely that didnt work. My ISP give a list with the ports that he
opened(6667 was among them).
It is possible if he opened to many ports to generate my
problem?(ex.2300-2400 TCP and UDP, 6073 TCP and UDP,6667 TCP and UDP,47624,
9999..., and other few.)
He also said that the ports 80, 443 and some other known ports are in a
separate line(that he reserved for browsing) and he opened the ports for
heroes3 in another line(80KB in share with other users)

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Mavros,
>
> 2300 - 2400 UDP should be opened instead of 2300-2400 TCP.
> And he didn't open 6667 TCP.
>
> Anyways, refer him to these articles:
> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
> and
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/4...
> and
> http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3401.htm
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> "mavros" <mavros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15229C30-B191-4D10-8074-1B7A9847841E@microsoft.com...
> | hi,
> | I have a very strange problem.
> | Few days ago i contacted my isp(i use a cable connection) to resolve my
> | latency problem on the zone.He opened some ports and the latency become
> | normal(up to 300ms), but i lost the ability to join a game of heroes 3.The
> | ports that he opened was:2300 to 2400 TCP and UDP 6073 and 47624 TCP and UDP,
> | 6667.
> | Before that i was able to join, not to host, even with a latency of 9000ms.
> | tnx for any kind of help

September 12, 2005 3:34:59 PM

Hi Mavros,

No, too many open ports would not prevent your game from connecting.
Suggest to your ISP that they put you in DMZ (no firewall) to see if the
problem is being caused by NAT, in which case you can ask for a private IP.

--

"mavros" <mavros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F304DAF-750A-4825-9E46-4D07BD564E00@microsoft.com...
| hello and tnx!
| unfortunely that didnt work. My ISP give a list with the ports that he
| opened(6667 was among them).
| It is possible if he opened to many ports to generate my
| problem?(ex.2300-2400 TCP and UDP, 6073 TCP and UDP,6667 TCP and UDP,47624,
| 9999..., and other few.)
| He also said that the ports 80, 443 and some other known ports are in a
| separate line(that he reserved for browsing) and he opened the ports for
| heroes3 in another line(80KB in share with other users)
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Mavros,
| >
| > 2300 - 2400 UDP should be opened instead of 2300-2400 TCP.
| > And he didn't open 6667 TCP.
| >
| > Anyways, refer him to these articles:
| > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
| > and
| > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/4...
| > and
| > http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3401.htm
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "mavros" <mavros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15229C30-B191-4D10-8074-1B7A9847841E@microsoft.com...
| > | hi,
| > | I have a very strange problem.
| > | Few days ago i contacted my isp(i use a cable connection) to resolve my
| > | latency problem on the zone.He opened some ports and the latency become
| > | normal(up to 300ms), but i lost the ability to join a game of heroes 3.The
| > | ports that he opened was:2300 to 2400 TCP and UDP 6073 and 47624 TCP and UDP,
| > | 6667.
| > | Before that i was able to join, not to host, even with a latency of 9000ms.
| > | tnx for any kind of help

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 6:54:02 PM

hi again
i didnt manage to talk to my ISP for DMZ/NAT but if is not to much trouble i
have one more question:
I talk to the guys in the room game and I found out that even if I see them
green(latency up to 200) they didnt see me at all(latency N/A), in fact I did
not see my own latency.
This mean anything to you? I ask this becouse i'll be more able to explain
my isp the nature of my problem.

tnx again and sorry to bother you again

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Mavros,
>
> No, too many open ports would not prevent your game from connecting.
> Suggest to your ISP that they put you in DMZ (no firewall) to see if the
> problem is being caused by NAT, in which case you can ask for a private IP.
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> "mavros" <mavros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F304DAF-750A-4825-9E46-4D07BD564E00@microsoft.com...
> | hello and tnx!
> | unfortunely that didnt work. My ISP give a list with the ports that he
> | opened(6667 was among them).
> | It is possible if he opened to many ports to generate my
> | problem?(ex.2300-2400 TCP and UDP, 6073 TCP and UDP,6667 TCP and UDP,47624,
> | 9999..., and other few.)
> | He also said that the ports 80, 443 and some other known ports are in a
> | separate line(that he reserved for browsing) and he opened the ports for
> | heroes3 in another line(80KB in share with other users)
> |
> | "Jimmy S." wrote:
> |
> | > Hi Mavros,
> | >
> | > 2300 - 2400 UDP should be opened instead of 2300-2400 TCP.
> | > And he didn't open 6667 TCP.
> | >
> | > Anyways, refer him to these articles:
> | > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
> | > and
> | > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/4...
> | > and
> | > http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/support3401.htm
> | >
> | > --
> | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> | >
> | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
> | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
> | > _________________________________________________________

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 11:03:36 PM

Hi Mavros,

Others not seeing your latency would be an indication that ports
are blocked. We all see our *own* latency as N/A though.

--

"mavros" <mavros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E036E172-4B1A-4EAF-B774-59EEC08067FF@microsoft.com...
| hi again
| i didnt manage to talk to my ISP for DMZ/NAT but if is not to much trouble i
| have one more question:
| I talk to the guys in the room game and I found out that even if I see them
| green(latency up to 200) they didnt see me at all(latency N/A), in fact I did
| not see my own latency.
| This mean anything to you? I ask this becouse i'll be more able to explain
| my isp the nature of my problem.
|
| tnx again and sorry to bother you again
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
| > Hi Mavros,
| >
| > No, too many open ports would not prevent your game from connecting.
| > Suggest to your ISP that they put you in DMZ (no firewall) to see if the
| > problem is being caused by NAT, in which case you can ask for a private IP.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >
| > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
| > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| >
| > "mavros" <mavros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F304DAF-750A-4825-9E46-4D07BD564E00@microsoft.com...
| > | hello and tnx!
| > | unfortunely that didnt work. My ISP give a list with the ports that he
| > | opened(6667 was among them).
| > | It is possible if he opened to many ports to generate my
| > | problem?(ex.2300-2400 TCP and UDP, 6073 TCP and UDP,6667 TCP and UDP,47624,
| > | 9999..., and other few.)
| > | He also said that the ports 80, 443 and some other known ports are in a
| > | separate line(that he reserved for browsing) and he opened the ports for
| > | heroes3 in another line(80KB in share with other users)
| > |
| > |

!