"Show the contents of this folder"-key

All,
In Windows 2000, you can press the spacebar to quickly skip through the
nagging "Show the contents of this folder" barrier, when browsing to some
system-folders.

The spacebar however does no longer work in Windows XP.

Someone got a shortcut-KEY to proceed to the folder contents?

Thx
2 answers Last reply
More about show contents folder

    Wieger wrote:

    > All,
    > In Windows 2000, you can press the spacebar to quickly skip through
    > the nagging "Show the contents of this folder" barrier, when browsing
    > to some system-folders.
    >
    > The spacebar however does no longer work in Windows XP.
    >
    > Someone got a shortcut-KEY to proceed to the folder contents?
    >
    > Thx

    Unless this is a work computer or a computer used by someone else who
    isn't computer-savvy, just change the viewing options to show you the
    hidden files/folders. Do this from the Folder Options applet in Control
    Panel.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Wieger wrote:
    > All,
    > In Windows 2000, you can press the spacebar to quickly skip through the
    > nagging "Show the contents of this folder" barrier, when browsing to some
    > system-folders.
    >
    > The spacebar however does no longer work in Windows XP.
    >
    > Someone got a shortcut-KEY to proceed to the folder contents?
    >
    > Thx

    I don't know of a shortcut key. Go to Folder optionsd (MY COmputer ->
    Tools -> Folder Options), and look under the view tab. Select "Show
    hidden files and folders", then click OK.

    --
    Evil criminals don't just catch themselves, ya know. Except for Dr. Van
    Kruglor's Self Catching robots. Those were just confusing.

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows XP