"Show the contents of this folder"-key

All,
In Windows 2000, you can press the spacebar to quickly skip through the
nagging "Show the contents of this folder" barrier, when browsing to some
system-folders.

The spacebar however does no longer work in Windows XP.

Someone got a shortcut-KEY to proceed to the folder contents?

Thx

Malke

Wieger wrote:

> All,
> In Windows 2000, you can press the spacebar to quickly skip through
> the nagging "Show the contents of this folder" barrier, when browsing
> to some system-folders.
>
> The spacebar however does no longer work in Windows XP.
>
> Someone got a shortcut-KEY to proceed to the folder contents?
>
> Thx

Unless this is a work computer or a computer used by someone else who
isn't computer-savvy, just change the viewing options to show you the
hidden files/folders. Do this from the Folder Options applet in Control
Panel.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Ash

Wieger wrote:
> All,
> In Windows 2000, you can press the spacebar to quickly skip through the
> nagging "Show the contents of this folder" barrier, when browsing to some
> system-folders.
>
> The spacebar however does no longer work in Windows XP.
>
> Someone got a shortcut-KEY to proceed to the folder contents?
>
> Thx

I don't know of a shortcut key. Go to Folder optionsd (MY COmputer ->
Tools -> Folder Options), and look under the view tab. Select "Show
hidden files and folders", then click OK.

--
Evil criminals don't just catch themselves, ya know. Except for Dr. Van
Kruglor's Self Catching robots. Those were just confusing.