booting issue

July 21, 2005 7:09:03 AM

I have noticed for a while now on my desktop PC that I built that When the
Boot loader gets to the Windows boot screen with the indicating bar moving
across the screen it will start to slow down tremendously and then speed up
again then go to the desktop and it loads fine but that is bothering me and I
can not figure out what it is?? I have a 350 watt PS, a MSI MB 845 chipset, a
P4 2.2ghz processor, two memory sticks total 1 gig of ram they are corsair
and ultra, two HDD's maxtor 80gig and a 80 western digital as slave, one
chassis fan and one bay fan. I have tried several ways to figure out why it
is so slow upon boot? any ideas would help.

More about : booting issue

July 21, 2005 7:39:24 PM

scripttron75 wrote:
> I have noticed for a while now on my desktop PC that I built that When the
> Boot loader gets to the Windows boot screen with the indicating bar moving
> across the screen it will start to slow down tremendously and then speed up
> again then go to the desktop and it loads fine but that is bothering me and I
> can not figure out what it is?? I have a 350 watt PS, a MSI MB 845 chipset, a
> P4 2.2ghz processor, two memory sticks total 1 gig of ram they are corsair
> and ultra, two HDD's maxtor 80gig and a 80 western digital as slave, one
> chassis fan and one bay fan. I have tried several ways to figure out why it
> is so slow upon boot? any ideas would help.

Can you quantify what slow means? How long does it take?

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User