Digital Cable-compatible TV card?

DarkHawke

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2004
As my cable company is nudging me to move from analog to digital service (by way of moving premium channels to digital only), I face the impending loss of my ability to watch TV on my computer, using the analog cable-ready ATI TV Wonder card I've had for a couple years. So I'm wondering if there are any TV tuner cards out there that are DIGITAL cable ready. I've read here and there about HDTV tuner cards, but nothing that I recall mentioned anything about working with non-HD digital cable signals.

Yes, I could get a converter box from my cable company, but they rent additional boxes at a substantially higher rate than for the first one. It would also render my PVR software, if not useless, at least harder to operate, there being no IR blaster or other cable box controllers on my TV card. Any ideas, folks?

Bruxbox

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
If you are asking whether there are any HDTV tuner card that supports QAM, then check out the Dvico FusionHDTV.

Dvico.com

If you are asking something different, I don't knowl.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Check to see if Huappauge has anything with digital-cable capability. I know SOMEONE had a card that worked with SOME COMPANY'S cable service, but I don't remember the details.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>