New to rules

I totally new to gaming. I am putting together a 6mm civil war army. What
game is simple enough that I could kinda play on my own. I play chess by
myself sometimes. Why not something like this?

-John C

"John C" <jcvmf214@optonline.net> wrote in

> I totally new to gaming. I am putting together a 6mm civil
> war army. What game is simple enough that I could kinda play
> on my own. I play chess by myself sometimes. Why not
> something like this?

For the Civil War, I s'pose the best candidate set of rules for
the beginner would be DBR, although DBA is easier and might be
better to start with if you can find some ancients figures (and,
whisper it, but DBA can be played perfectly well with counters).

Unless, of course, you mean the American Civil War, in which case
DBR would be useless.

All the best,

John.

Fire and Fury is easily adapted to 6 mm. I have seen it played well at
10mm. But why do you want to pay miniatures at 6mm?

In article <F0NEe.1860$sf6.528@fe08.lga>, John C
<jcvmf214@optonline.net> writes
>I totally new to gaming. I am putting together a 6mm civil war army. What
>game is simple enough that I could kinda play on my own. I play chess by
>myself sometimes. Why not something like this?

Which civil war? Most countries have had one or more civil wars.

RFCM do some good rules intended for 15mm but you can scale them down to
use 6mm figures very easily. They are often grid based, so are easy to
play against yourself (although you don't need a grid for that).

Regiment of Foote does the English Civil Wars of the mid seventeenth
century, AK47 can be used for the various African civil wars of the late
20th century and there are variants that cover the Mexican civil war and
the Spanish Civil War. Lincoln's Army does the American civil war.

--
Jas

http://www.the-kemps.org.uk/

American Civil War. Sorry for the mixup.

-John c