Many connections and 215 MB received but not me

orangesky

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
i am just surfing like with 3 webpages
then i checked my bandwidth log and it shows 215 MB was received but there is no way it
is from my surfing a little bit

i have no way to trace where who what is going on with this

and i have about 60 connections but am using just 3 webpages

how can stop all that and monitor my bandwidth in detail?

orangesky

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
No, I keep updates OFF but I check daily for updates manually.
I shut off my error reporting.
So it is not updates that is causing 200 connections to be open, as seen with my firewall.
Like if I open 1 firefox webpage I get 200 connections seen in my firewall and they are all from firefox. this happens with every application I use, weather IE, Opera, Firefox. I notice UDP sending alot as well as TCP connections. I need a analyzer to learn more, until I know how to shut this terrible breach off. It is as if someone installed a splitter and splits each webpage I open, into anywhere from 60 to 200 connections. It sounds like a zombie doesn't it? Like someone got control of my system and directs it to open all these connection every time I open just one page. Several times 4 gig was sent in just 30 minutes. I wish I can find how to stop it. I do have like 41 network hosts set up in control panel, networking because for a while each time I open my browser windows 7 will ask me what type of connection do i want, home or work or public. and i had to answer or i can proceed to use the internet. i wish to delet all these connection and start over and jave just one. you know, this seems like this can be the root, possible. how can i start over with my networking set up and delete all prior stuff?