Restart Blue Screen - Help Plz!

wgdz

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2007
I have a Dell XPS M1330 Bios 15A with Vista Home Premium Preloaded. I did a reinstall on vista and now I am experiencing the follwing:

Every time I do a windows restart of the PC, the PC goes into a blue screen (flickers really fast so I can't see anything) and automatically restarts.

Now to avoid this problem, I would need to shut off the PC, take out the battery and reinsert the battery back in. Then the system would load into windows.

During windows updates, I notice that many times the updates would fail and I need to restart the pc multiple times to successfully update to all of the latest patches. At this point now, I have all the necessary patches installed but still have the restart issue...

If anyone knows the solution to this issue please let me know thanks!

copenhagenlc

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
before windows boots keep pressing f8, and you will get kind of a splash screen, choose disable automatic restart, and get the code for the blue screen and post it would help alot.

G

I have the same issue with the same model...

The blue screen says - "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage.... blah blah... if this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen....check for viruses...remove any newly installed....
Technical information *** STOP: 0x0000007B (Ox80403BA0, OxC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I have anti virus installed and active....

Any solutions very very appreciated!

Thanks