Sign in with
Your question

Sound Card for Z-5500

Last response: in Home Audio
April 17, 2009 5:59:51 AM

Is the onboard sound card on an asus p6t deluxe v2 mobo adequate for a Logitech Z-5500 setup. If not, whats a good card? Thanks.

More about : sound card 5500

April 20, 2009 4:07:32 AM

if you get a soundcard you WILL hear the difference like me. i use the Asus xonar dx for my logitech z 2300, and compared to onboard its MUCH more crisp, the onboard is like muffled ..
April 20, 2009 4:27:51 AM

stevensl2 said:
... the onboard is like muffled ..

The onboard is adequete but Logitech speakers sounds muffled.

The tone controls and/or equalizer from the discrete soundcard will help it sound better by increasing higher frequencies.
Related resources
April 27, 2009 2:56:13 AM

So I'm pretty much down to HT Omega Claro or the X-Fi Titanium (are both of these overkill for the z5500s?). I hear that the ht is better for movies and music, but the titanium is better for gaming. Is this true? I like to game, but I also want the best quality possible for hd movies. Or maybe the xonar line? I just can't decide lol.
April 27, 2009 3:23:18 AM

Both cards are good, you just need to figure out what is your priority. I do care more about how my music and video sound quality than my games.

Base on my experience, I found that C-media chip sounds warmer than Soundblaster or Realtek Chip, I don't know if others notice though.

Although X-Fi design is better than old SB Audigy, I don't know how much closer to E-Mu the sound quality is? the AES technology from creative designed for games is nice but when playing games I don't know how much advantage you get to your goal, another is what Creative called crystalizer to enhance music pleasure is a bonus.

Between the two I'd go for C-Media, also easier to connect or find the connectors if you want to use more than 5.1 system.
April 27, 2009 3:33:14 AM

What type of headphones would utilize the built in hifi headphone amplifier of the more expensive ht omega claro? 40 dollar fatal1ty or only better ones?
April 27, 2009 4:14:17 AM

I'm not a headphone kinda guy.

I have Sennheiser headphone and it's great for what I need but I tried Sony and Bose of their comfort line and it's also good.

If you are a headphone guy then save your money and buy a cheaper discreet C-Media soundcard and more expensive headphone. I can't find much difference between $40 and less $150.

However you will notice one when comparing a $40 VS over $250 but some people rather spend that cash on loudspeakers system.
!