Need your opinions about this ram

danizaken

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2005
i found at newegg a TwinMOS 512*2 DDR 400 dual channel.
these are the reviews of the customers who bought it:

Just got these from the NJ warehouse. A day early I might add! They are AA4T UTT! Thank you so much Newegg!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N/A,3/16/2005 9:11:54 PM

WooHoo! They are running 242FSB with 2-2-2-11 timing and 3.4V on my Abit NF7. This is dual channel and with CPC ON. This is the best buy in memory! I received 44AT chips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chipsy,3/16/2005 8:12:21 PM

Got mine yesterday , makes 260 @ 3.4V - 2-2-2-5 ...What else you can want from a " VALUE " memory :)

Klisp,3/16/2005 1:23:04 PM

This is some excellent memory. For a great price. I'm sitting comfortable @ 2-2-2-8 @ 3.2Vdimm @ 250mhz.

Shadow,3/4/2005 3:50:39 PM

This RAM works perfectly. My computer seems to like it better than it like my old 2x256 Corsair sticks too. Given my experience with this, I think I'll stick with TwinMOS for any future RAM needs now.

chr0n1c,2/22/2005 9:27:20 PM

Great ram for the price. I got 1 Stick that can do 260-265 while another seems to hit a wall @ 220. I'm still happy tho....just gotta get another good stick.

Shroomalistic,2/14/2005 8:43:50 PM

Great ram for the price, great ram period. Got mine and they do 2,2,2,5 at 250 with 3.4volts.

SAE,2/1/2005 10:48:38 AM

My friend picked these up hoping they were Winbond UTT chips.

Tested them out on my rig 265 Fsb no memtest errors at all 3.6v

N/A,10/23/2004 11:13:51 PM

This seems to be quality memory, and has no problems getting high benchmarks. Compatible with nvidia chipsets.

what do you think about it? I think it has a good price if it can do 2-2-2-5 at such high FSBs.
I won't overclock anything for now, so do you think i would be able to do 2-2-2-5 at the standard speed of 200mhz ?

I think the UTT chips are the best in that group that was listed....What I'd like to know is how you can screen the RAM before it is sent.

Anywhoo - if it's for sale on the cheap, then I doubt it's the latest version. They're trying to get rid of old stock before they start sending the new stuff.

Here's a link to a thread about <A HREF="http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/about48271-0.html" target="_new">TwinMOS AADT modules</A>. Looks like the AADT are not using the best chips, but what do you expect for that price range...As this article states the Winbond UTT are labeled AA4T.