No Sound through Rear and Center

ugaman72

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2005
Hi guys..I have a problem that I'm hoping you may have some suggestions for..I have a DFI mobo with the onboard karajan audio adapter that comes off the mainboard. I've installed the module, set it in the bios, plugged the speakers in, and installed the drivers. However, I'm just getting sound through the left/right front speakers and the sub. I'm not getting anything through the center or left/right rear. I thought it may be some kind of driver problem, so I uninstalled them and reinstalled, but it didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions or have had this problem with this mobo? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

ugaman72

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2005
Here is some further information..the only jack from which I'm getting a signal is the l/r front-sub jack. The others are not giving a signal at all. I can plug the front speakers into the other jacks and I don't get any sound at all. But, if I plug in the back or center speaker into the front jack, then I get sound. Does this seem to be a driver issue? Maybe a settings issue? I'm out of things to try.

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Did you set the drivers to 5.1 audio? There must be some little app w/ the drivers to setup your speakers.
Check the windows sound config too to make sure that is switching to 5.1 audio.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

masteraleph

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
Folken probably has it right. If you're just playing music, unless there's a 5.1 emulation feature in the drivers, you won't get 5.1 sound. Tried playing any games?