I was considering to get the HP HDX18t with the following specs:
- Intel Core2 Duo Processor T9900 (3.06 GHz, 6 MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
- Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
- 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) - For 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 130M
- 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
- 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 130M - For DDR3 Memory
- 18.4" diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p)
- Blu-Ray +/-R/RW with SuperMulti
- Webcam + Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Fluid)
- Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card
- 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- 1-year HP Accidental Damage Protection with Pick Up and Return
As long as the laptop is close, if not better speced than this, I would appreciate it.
1_What is your budget?
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17"+ (18"+ preferably, if not then 17"+)
3_What screen resolution do you want?
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop Replacement laptop (could be portable as well)
5_How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't matter as it will always be connected.
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
MMORPGS mainly, like WoW, Rose Online, Ragnarok Online. (High Settings, maybe Medium+)
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
Converting videos, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Any site will be helpful.
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Maybe longer than 2+ years.
11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
I would prefer to get a high clocked (maybe @ 3.0GHz+) Duo-core Processor instead of a Quad-core Processor to reduce the cost of the laptop. Also, could you please consider some Cooling pads, or any advice to keep the laptop cool as when I play games or when I leave the computer on all night. I would also like a laptop to have only one graphic card as to reduce the cost of the laptop and heat as well.
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any brand that meets my needs, of course would like a nice looking laptop and not a poorly custom-made one.