What Is The Value Of This Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, I'm about to purchase a refurbished laptop from my local PC store.

- Packard Bell:

LCD: 17" Widescreen
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 1.9Ghz
RAM: 3GB DDR2
HDD: 320GB Sata
GPU: Nvidia 7000M
IOS: Vista Home Premium

Wifi: Yes, inbuilt.
Camera: Yes, inbuilt.
Drive: DVD Rewriter

Can you please urgently tell me the value of this laptop, bare in mind, it is used/refurbised. I checked it out and liked it, please give me a quote. (Any currency would do, I can convert it to GBP on xe.com)

Thank you!

17" is not a resolution. A 17" screen at 1440x900 is a world away from a 17" screen at 1920x1200.

The CPU is fine for day-to-day use, but I wouldn't do anything intensive on it.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, the only detail I got on it was that it was 17" widescreen. Nothing else.

By "wouldn't do anything intensive" would did you mean by that? Photoshop?... Basic Movie editing? Light gaming? (C:SS) etc etc?

The Athon X2's are more power hungry (lower battery life) and less efficient (lower performance per clock) than the core 2 duos. You could probably get similar performance out of a 1.7-1.6GHz dual core chip from Intel.

sEEKEr7

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
If mobility is wht you prefer ? dont go for it cuz with 17" screen and Nvidia GPU the Athlon processor will surely make the bat succumb ... If u gonna sit with the adapter plugged in I don think it wud matter ... You can get it around $700 provided bat not too old ... If it is ? ask for a few bucks lesser.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
I didn't want to give the price before so I can get some good feedback on the specs and how much they would go for. Well here it is:

Price $450 - Refurbished.

So it's definitly worth it right...

Refurbished is a whole different story. It would depend on what went wrong with it and who fixed it, and to what extent they did so.

$450 would be worth it, but I would want a chance to use it before I bought it.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^^ Refurb... Well apparently it was a trade in and they reinstalled the OS and repackaged it back up etc etc. I already bought it, just waiting for it to arrive. Seen as its worth it, its off my mind.

Thanks for everything.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^ I'm going to install XP Pro SP3 the moment I get it. It's got 3GB of ram anyways, so XP supports everything + 10x faster :D

When Windows 7 comes out this/next year I would happily buy Win7 and install that to see how it goes.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Well, I'll be 100% honest here, the laptop is not for me. I bought it for a friend, but the only gay thing about him is he likes to "show off" about what he has, when I suggested that I should reinstall XP onto it, he shut his ears and said "Nope, I wan't the latest of what I own."

He just dosn't understand, and no point in convincing him. So blah. Looks like its Vista for him.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^ Screw him, I made a good 50 bucks out of him though. Might as well suck him dry. And it's not evil, its just common sense. He would have gone to PC World and blown like 800 bucks on the same spec laptop, then cried that he spent that much on it.

I remember when Vista came out, just to show off to me, he actually went out and bought it for like $350 bucks I think, then cried 2 weeks later that he was broke. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.