Sign in with
Your question

Canon ip printer service manuals

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
March 12, 2010 7:31:26 PM

Hello,I've got a pain in the *** printer manual for you to find. It's for the pixma ip1800 printer
Anonymous
March 12, 2010 7:45:30 PM

Have you tried Canon's support site ?
March 22, 2010 12:07:59 AM

Quote:
Have you tried Canon's support site ?

Yes, Canon for one reason or another seems to think their customers are brain-dead and they say there is no manual. I find this quite ridiculous when their technicians have to have such a manual if they are to service this printer. I did fine a manual for the ip1200-ip1600 at one manual site but it's just a facsimily with a few similarities; however it still doesn't explain how to disassemble the thing so I can figure out why the ASF drags the paper ****-eyed and how to get inside to solve the problem visually. If I can't find something soon I'm just gonna get me a hacksaw and basterdize the thing. I even went out and bought an HP deskjet but they don't mention that HP rapes you by making it extremely difficult to refill cartridges by using an ink that is different from the standard inks that I've used in my canon. The Canon ip1800 I've been using the same cartridges for 2 years and recently replaced them,then in the day my paper feed problems started.So there you go....I'll get into it one way or another but I just think it's absolutely stupid for Canon to make a printer and not have a service manual you can get your hands on after the warrantee expires!
Related resources
Anonymous
March 22, 2010 7:56:33 AM

I'm not too surprised that Canon wouldn't part with a Service manual as they don't expect you to fix things yourself.

Your original post didn't make that clear, but I can understand your frustration
March 22, 2010 8:38:25 PM

I have found the approximate manual as I said,the thing I don't get is that if someone has these manuals why they wouldn't go the one step further to post the other? Oh well,thanks for the response I'll be kckin around here for a while,let me know if I can help you some time down the road.
!