How to resize the partition from 3gb to 5gb

July 22, 2005 2:28:30 AM

I am planning to re-format my C: drive but with it wish to RESIZE my C:
partition from 3gb to 5gb in my P3,256mb Ram, WinXP Pro SP2, NTFS file
system. Only create a new partition is possible with XP installation CD. The
Partition Magic software is not providing try before buy and cannot afford.
Any other softwares available for this purpose. Google search did not help
in this regard.

Thanks for any replies.

Brother Brock
--
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

There is nothing that MS makes that will do this for you. Only 3rd party
software can resize without destroying data. If your short of funds, try to
get a older copy of Partition Magic on eBay. I think, that up to two
versions back of PM support NTFS resizing.

Good Luck

"Brother Brock" wrote:

> I am planning to re-format my C: drive but with it wish to RESIZE my C:
> partition from 3gb to 5gb in my P3,256mb Ram, WinXP Pro SP2, NTFS file
> system. Only create a new partition is possible with XP installation CD. The
> Partition Magic software is not providing try before buy and cannot afford.
> Any other softwares available for this purpose. Google search did not help
> in this regard.
>
> Thanks for any replies.
>
> Brother Brock
> --
> Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
> Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 2:28:31 AM

Try BootIt NG, they have a 30 day free trial.

"Brother Brock" <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> wrote in message
news:o WkTLWhjFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I am planning to re-format my C: drive but with it wish to RESIZE my C:
> partition from 3gb to 5gb in my P3,256mb Ram, WinXP Pro SP2, NTFS file
> system. Only create a new partition is possible with XP installation CD.
> The
> Partition Magic software is not providing try before buy and cannot
> afford.
> Any other softwares available for this purpose. Google search did not help
> in this regard.
>
> Thanks for any replies.
>
> Brother Brock
> --
> Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
> Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 2:28:31 AM

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:28:30 +0530, "Brother Brock"
<Nobodyknows@unknown.com> wrote:

>I am planning to re-format my C: drive but with it wish to RESIZE my C:
>partition from 3gb to 5gb in my P3,256mb Ram, WinXP Pro SP2, NTFS file
>system. Only create a new partition is possible with XP installation CD. The
>Partition Magic software is not providing try before buy and cannot afford.
>Any other softwares available for this purpose. Google search did not help
>in this regard.
>
>Thanks for any replies.
>
>Brother Brock

Microsoft does not any provide tools (Free or paid) which will resize
partitions.

BootITNG offers a free 30-day trial, which is completely operational
feature-wise.

Get it here: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com

By the way, going from 3gig to 5gig will be totally inadequate. You
need your XP partition to be at least 10gig.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.