What cables/speakers for PS3 on sceptre x226 monitor?

Torolf

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
I recently purchased a Sceptre x226 monitor for my new build and have been happy with it. I'm considering buying a PS3, and Sceptre tech support tells me that this monitor will work fine with the PS3 as long as I buy speakers for it.

Since I don't own any speakers presently (use a headset), I was wondering what cables I'd need to get and what type of speakers. I'm looking for small and inexpensive; don't have a lot of space.

The x226 supports 1080p, so I'd need a dvi to HDMI cable that supports that, right? Anyone have inexpensive speakers and cables to recommend?

Torolf

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
No takers? Well, after a few days of research, I think that I've decided on the Logitech Z323 for the speakers, but still am not sure about the DVI to HDMI cable. Will I have any problems if I just get the cheapest converter cable? Are there any 'features' I need to look for in the cable?

Torolf

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
I ended up using Fuji Labs 10 ft. Gold plated Premium High Speed 1080p HDMI to DVI Cable Model FJ-DVI-MM3 from NewEgg. Worked fine without problems.

Unfortunately, the PS3 stopped reading disks after only a couple days, and I can't find the packing slip. Not a happy camper.