Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why does my xd card ask to format

Last response: in Digital Camera
Anonymous
June 12, 2010 11:42:36 PM

When I put my xd card into my computer car reader, it asks me to format and tells me all my pictures will be lost. I decided to sacrifice the pics and do this and now it asks to format again, every time I take new pictures. any help with this matter?

More about : card format

November 11, 2010 4:41:05 AM

this kind of problem happens sometimes to devices like USB flash or memory card. Windows says you have to format it and sometimes it won't let you format. This kind of problem is called "format error". Possible reasons may be your flash or card is corrupt or damaged and the OS won't recognized it properly and indicates you to format it. The MOST Effective way is to rely on format recovery programs picture recovery program to help. Connect your xD picture card to a computer first, then

If you are using computer with Windows OS, try this program called Wondershare Photo Recovery. this picture recovery program can recover photos, videos and music you accidentally deleted or formatted.

If you are using computer with Mac OS X, then turn to Wondershare Photo Recovery for Mac.

Note: before those pictures are recovered, never attempt to put more files to your xD picture card. As saving more files may cause original data overwritten. Once overwritten, it's impossible to recover photos lost.

Good luck and best regards!
November 15, 2010 12:27:14 PM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!