Finalizing a CD-R using WinXP as the burner

Has anyone figured out a way to do this yet? If I burn a data CD using WinXP
Writable CD method, it burns just fine, and is readable... until you take the
CD to another computer, even one exactly like the one it was burned on (I
have 30 of these comps at work to choose from).

I burned the CD at 8X, and it works great in the comp on which it was
burned, but if I insert it into the computer sitting next to me, it is
unreadable. Surely there is a way to overcome this in WinXP by now?

I am using WinXP Pro, if this helps.

Check here yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320174/

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]