X800 XT to X800 XT PE

Canadian_Bacon

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I have a Sapphire Radeon X800 XT. From what I understand, the X800 Pro and XT PE came out at the same time. Only difference is that the Pro got chopped down to 12 pipelines and has low core/mem speeds. Then the XT came out, so I'm only to assume that this card is the exact same card as the PE version, just with lowered speeds.

The Question is: Would I be able to flash the X800XT to the X800XT Platinum Edition without any further modifcations (i.e. cooling upgrade)

Also, is there any difference between the XT and XT PE other than the speed?

Thanks.

Robc1880

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
The speed is the main difference. If I were you I would just OC it to the PE speeds and see if it can handle it. If it runs fine then I would just leave it at the PE speeds. I don't believe there is any benefit of flashing it if you can run those speeds already.

RichPLS

Champion
You can flash it and underclock it if necesary. Then you would have 16 pipes.
Better than 9/10 cards work when flashed, and if not, flash original bios back. It is worth a try.
Only danger is if you have a power failure during procedure, or if you have a corrupt or wrong version bios and use it to flash.
Use a battery backup and make sure bios is correct, and danger is minimal.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Robc1880

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
Both the XT and the XT PE have 16 pipes and yes the only difference is speed. If your talking about the x800 pro to the XT PE speed/flash, the softmod into XT PE only works with AGP

Canadian_Bacon

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Well if I do things I like to do things right. So I should have no probalem flashing XT to PE if I first test my card at PE speeds and it can handle?

Thanks