Please help me for my boat's speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseee

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I have two choices. My first choise is a Yamaha speakers Skylon,6 inches,100W, 3 ohms,92db with 1 watt (2,83 volt)

my second choice is JBL, RMS 100W,300W,

is for my wakeboard tower so it's important that they are water resistant and salt water.

ddawson24

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
I actually don't like either of those speakers. I would first recommend the Alpine speakers. They are the largest car audio company in the US for a reason. I really like the SPR-M700's for the price and you can get a generic pod to put them in for your wake bar. I like the 7" speakers because they have a little more cone area so they have better midbass. They are ipx5 rated so they can handle splashes and have also passed the UV, Salt, & Fog testing. Check out the stuff here: http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/series-c.php?category=MAR_SYS_SOL My second choice would be JL Audio. They make good stuff but just charge way more money for it.

ddawson24

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
Also I would highly suggest never buying 12V electronics online. Most of those brand names are protected, meaning you will not have a warranty if you buy from a place that is getting their products through unethical means. Stop into a local car stereo shop. Most of them do installations in boats as well. They can help you with your product selection and most will even cut a deal on the installation if you buy the product from them as well so it's really not more expensive than buying from sites like that mentioned above. Pretty much everything on that site is cheap junk. Stay away from Jenson and other brand names you haven't heard of. There's a reason you haven't heard of those names on some of those sites.....

Status
Not open for further replies.