Sign in with
Your question

New SATA hdd

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 6, 2005 7:20:50 AM

Hey guys, question here. I just recently got my new system running. Winchester 3200 on a DFI LAnparty UT nf4 Ultra-D mobo, Raptor hdd and winxp sp2. I have the raptor as boot drive on sata1, and I have a WD 160gb Caviar SATA hdd connected to sata2 that I want for extra storage, but it won't detect in bios. Any ideas how to get it to detect? Cables seem securely detected.

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
<pre> Always remember to keep testicles away from live wiring </pre><p>

More about : sata hdd

April 6, 2005 2:57:50 PM

Check if a M/B jumper needs to be set.

Or the SATA M/B header activated in CMOS setup.

Or the SATA drivers are installed so whatever OP/SYS you're using can see the HDD.

I haven't researched your particular M/B but usually the solution to the problem will be one of those three things.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 6, 2005 6:11:31 PM

Thanks for the help, I figured it out :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
Related resources
April 6, 2005 6:24:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the help, I figured it out

And that was RAID enabled for that connector or something else?

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 7, 2005 7:56:28 AM

No, worse than that. I had a secure plug connecting it to the mobo and I didn't use a legacy power connector for power. Yeah, I know, stupid mistake. I assumed that that the secure connector cable from WD would supply power to it since it plugs into the sata power connector also. Live and learn.

Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 8, 2005 9:18:37 PM

Well I usually try to use the latest equipment when I can. In this case, the 160 caviar has the new sata power connector, and the raptor has the old legacy connector. Not sure if there is a huge difference, but the sata connector is easier to remove.

!