tdbax9

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
My wife does a lot of graphics processing and has become more and more frustrated waiting for her old single core PC to complete the task.
I want to buy an INTEL based HP PC that will allow her to multi-task including jerkless video editing. Considering the myriads of atricles describing dual and quad core processors and video solutions I am unable to discern a reasonable solution to the problem. I can spend no more than $750....any recommendations? Who can build me an Intel Based PC faster and cheaper and at least as reliable than HP?

tdbax9

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010

Hi There, I've been an Intel guy for years (Better benchmark results when tested againgst AMD) can you suggest an Intel based PC of equal or better performance for about the same price?
I appreciate your help...Thanks

Unfortunately, to get a comparable intel CPU, it's likely going to cost more than what you're looking to spend. There are some sites that will customize them for you, and you can sacrifice in areas as you choose. Check these sites:
www.ibuypower.com
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Ebay also has some systems, but you have to be real careful about the sellers, and read their descriptions thorough.

To find an intel CPU comparable to the AMD Phenom II 955, look at the Intel Q9400, q9550, and i7 (any).