Error Loading C:Windowssystem32NvCpl.dll

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

I got this erroe right after I did these steps!

1. my disk clean up was not workin so... i went here a search Disk clean up
and found a person that had my problem and went to this site -
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/deletecompressoldfiles.reg. then
opened it and it fix it!

2. I did a defrag was i needed to then after that was done i scheduled a
disk eoor check and when that gone done, my computer restarted and I got that
error!

I have a p2p program named Ares and i'm woundering if that could be the case
and should i remove it as i used it for music! I've scaned for spyware and
now saning with Spybot 1.4! i'll reply back.. hope you guys can help

That is related to your Nvidia Graphics Card (display adapter). I would download and
install the latest Windows XP compatible drivers for your Nvidia Graphics Card (display
adapter) from:

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
Remove [NoSpam] to reply

"Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I got this erroe right after I did these steps!
>
> 1. my disk clean up was not workin so... i went here a search Disk clean up
> and found a person that had my problem and went to this site -
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/deletecompressoldfiles.reg. then
> opened it and it fix it!
>
> 2. I did a defrag was i needed to then after that was done i scheduled a
> disk eoor check and when that gone done, my computer restarted and I got that
> error!
>
> I have a p2p program named Ares and i'm woundering if that could be the case
> and should i remove it as i used it for music! I've scaned for spyware and
> now saning with Spybot 1.4! i'll reply back.. hope you guys can help

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Sorry for the spelling error's i'm in a hurry

"Joseph" wrote:

> I got this erroe right after I did these steps!
>
> 1. my disk clean up was not workin so... i went here a search Disk clean up
> and found a person that had my problem and went to this site -
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/deletecompressoldfiles.reg. then
> opened it and it fix it!
>
> 2. I did a defrag was i needed to then after that was done i scheduled a
> disk eoor check and when that gone done, my computer restarted and I got that
> error!
>
> I have a p2p program named Ares and i'm woundering if that could be the case
> and should i remove it as i used it for music! I've scaned for spyware and
> now saning with Spybot 1.4! i'll reply back.. hope you guys can help

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Mines an ATI 9200SE! But... that error could be with my old Nvidia card 5200.

"t.cruise" wrote:

> That is related to your Nvidia Graphics Card (display adapter). I would download and
> install the latest Windows XP compatible drivers for your Nvidia Graphics Card (display
> adapter) from:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
> --
>
> T.C.
> t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
> Remove [NoSpam] to reply
>

> "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I got this erroe right after I did these steps!
> >
> > 1. my disk clean up was not workin so... i went here a search Disk clean up
> > and found a person that had my problem and went to this site -
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/deletecompressoldfiles.reg. then
> > opened it and it fix it!
> >
> > 2. I did a defrag was i needed to then after that was done i scheduled a
> > disk eoor check and when that gone done, my computer restarted and I got that
> > error!
> >
> > I have a p2p program named Ares and i'm woundering if that could be the case
> > and should i remove it as i used it for music! I've scaned for spyware and
> > now saning with Spybot 1.4! i'll reply back.. hope you guys can help

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

how can i make this error go away? I f\don't wanna see it everytime a start
up windows

> how can i make this error go away? I f\don't wanna see it everytime a
> start
> up windows
>
> "Joseph" wrote:
>
>> Mines an ATI 9200SE! But... that error could be with my old Nvidia card
>> 5200.
>>
>> "t.cruise" wrote:
>>
>> > That is related to your Nvidia Graphics Card (display adapter). I
>> > would download and
>> > install the latest Windows XP compatible drivers for your Nvidia
>> > Graphics Card (display
>> > adapter) from:

Since you no longer have an Nvidia card, you can remove the driver. Go in to
Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, look for Nvidia Display Drivers, and
select Remove.

--
WH

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

lol, I already removed it cause i know havin two different drivers can really
mess up things! I don't know what to do! Can't you search the file up?

"William Hart" wrote:

> "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how can i make this error go away? I f\don't wanna see it everytime a
> > start
> > up windows
> >
> > "Joseph" wrote:
> >
> >> Mines an ATI 9200SE! But... that error could be with my old Nvidia card
> >> 5200.

> Since you no longer have an Nvidia card, you can remove the driver. Go in to
> Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, look for Nvidia Display Drivers, and
> select Remove.
>
> --
> WH

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Ok... no worrys here guys. it seems for some reason the Nvidia start-up file
runs tryin to run on start up, so... i went on S&D and un-checked it. Thx for
your help

"Joseph" wrote:

> lol, I already removed it cause i know havin two different drivers can really
> mess up things! I don't know what to do! Can't you search the file up?
>
> "William Hart" wrote:
>
> > "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > how can i make this error go away? I f\don't wanna see it everytime a
> > > start
> > > up windows

> > Since you no longer have an Nvidia card, you can remove the driver. Go in to
> > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, look for Nvidia Display Drivers, and
> > select Remove.
> >
> > --
> > WH

Disable the startup entries if you no longer have the nVidia card.
Check in Msconfig for any oddities.
(Start-Run-MSCONFIG-Startup tab)

Uncheck "NvCPlDaemon" or similar.
You may also have an entry for "nwiz" with a command of "nwiz.exe
/install". Uncheck that one if there.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:58:02 -0700, Joseph