Status
Not open for further replies.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Alright a few years ago i bought some Bose Companion 3 series 2 when i bought them i also bought a replacement plan when them well the amplifier in the sub is not putting anything out on the left channel so i called them up and i am getting my 250 back that i paid for them here is my question

at the price point of 250 what speakers should i get in replacement for the Bose speakers should i get Bose again or something else ( i am only looking for a 2.1 system)

Honestly, at that price point, I'd get a pair of M-Audio Studiophile BX5a deluxe speakers. They are actually 2.0, with no sub, but will have decent bass due to the 5" main cones that they have. They will absolutely blow away anything from Bose (much less logitech or other normal computer speakers).

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006

Thanks for the input but those look like they would dominate my desk for my computer

That's true. To get really good quality, you need somewhat large drivers, unfortunately. Perhaps the Studiophile AV-40? Those are a bit smaller...

The problem is that most computer speakers are, well, junk. The best way to go is a separate amp and speakers, but that is both large and more expensive than your budget. The only decent computer speakers that I know of (for true quality) are the M-audios, but as you have noticed, they are somewhat larger than normal computer speakers as well.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006

I was looking at the Logitech Z-2300 set i was wondering about your thoughts on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.