Sign in with
Your question

Computer does nothing when power button is pressed

Last response: in Computer Brands
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
December 25, 2009 6:26:29 PM

i have an inspiron 530s desktop. nothing happens when i press the power button. there are only two lights that come on. the light on the power supply comes on so i know the power supply is getting power. the only other light is the hard drive led which is on constantly when the computer is plugged in which i find odd. nothing else happens, no fans start up, no beeps, the hard drive doesnt spin, it doesnt even seem to respond t me pressing the power button at all. i tried replacing the power supply and hard drive, and i even tried moving all the parts to a different case. so my question is what could be causing this?
a b ) Power supply
December 26, 2009 3:39:06 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

If your tried with another PSU and the system don't stat, could be the mobo of your rig.
m
l
December 31, 2009 2:30:53 AM

Quote:
i have an inspiron 530s desktop. nothing happens when i press the power button. there are only two lights that come on. the light on the power supply comes on so i know the power supply is getting power. the only other light is the hard drive led which is on constantly when the computer is plugged in which i find odd. nothing else happens, no fans start up, no beeps, the hard drive doesnt spin, it doesnt even seem to respond t me pressing the power button at all. i tried replacing the power supply and hard drive, and i even tried moving all the parts to a different case. so my question is what could be causing this?

I HAVE A DEMINSION E310 HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, CALLED DELL AND GOT A NEW MOBO , INSTALLED IT AND IT FIRED RIGHT UP .
m
l
Related resources
!