Computer does nothing when power button is pressed

i have an inspiron 530s desktop. nothing happens when i press the power button. there are only two lights that come on. the light on the power supply comes on so i know the power supply is getting power. the only other light is the hard drive led which is on constantly when the computer is plugged in which i find odd. nothing else happens, no fans start up, no beeps, the hard drive doesnt spin, it doesnt even seem to respond t me pressing the power button at all. i tried replacing the power supply and hard drive, and i even tried moving all the parts to a different case. so my question is what could be causing this?
2 answers Last reply
More about computer power button pressed
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

If your tried with another PSU and the system don't stat, could be the mobo of your rig.
  2. Quote:
    i have an inspiron 530s desktop. nothing happens when i press the power button. there are only two lights that come on. the light on the power supply comes on so i know the power supply is getting power. the only other light is the hard drive led which is on constantly when the computer is plugged in which i find odd. nothing else happens, no fans start up, no beeps, the hard drive doesnt spin, it doesnt even seem to respond t me pressing the power button at all. i tried replacing the power supply and hard drive, and i even tried moving all the parts to a different case. so my question is what could be causing this?

I HAVE A DEMINSION E310 HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, CALLED DELL AND GOT A NEW MOBO , INSTALLED IT AND IT FIRED RIGHT UP .
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Light Power Supplies Hard Drives Power Computers