Tags:
  • HDTV
  • TV
  • Westinghouse
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
Anonymous
November 27, 2009 2:14:13 AM

I am wondering what company makes tv's sold under the Westinghouse name? Does anyone know anything about them?

More about : makes westinghouse televisions

November 27, 2009 4:56:10 PM

They are sub-standard - you will pay for what you get. Samsung is the best and will cost more, you will enjoy highest standard in LCD and will not look back!
m
l
December 5, 2009 8:48:50 PM

Last time I looked them up, I think they produced their own? I am not sure. I believe that Best Buy's house brand Insignia are Westinghouse under the hood.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 5, 2009 9:09:39 PM

Chi Mei Corporation makes their panels, I believe.
m
l
December 5, 2009 9:36:14 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westinghouse_Digital_Elect...

Looks like Viper Could be correct. Though I think they would like to mask themselves as an actual LCD maker. I think in the end, there are only a few companies that actually produce these panels.

It all comes down to the technology and processing by each company.
m
l
April 11, 2010 3:06:36 AM

silverron said:
They are sub-standard - you will pay for what you get. Samsung is the best and will cost more, you will enjoy highest standard in LCD and will not look back!

I bought a samsumg monitor because I thought they were the best, but less than 2 years of less than average use it died on me. So while they have a decent reputation I wouldn't buy another one.
m
l
May 3, 2016 2:27:30 PM

Westinghouse was affiliated with Toshiba for a while and one of their men is the CEO of the TV tech department. Westinghouse was the innovator of the, what is now known as the, 4K TV! Overall product reviews and durability are above par. Just simply holding onto a name that no longer holds the weight that it used to. Overall I think, a good buy.
m
l
a c 518 x TV
May 5, 2016 9:42:30 AM

I would second that opinion. For the money the TVs are good value and they respond to questions about parts, service, and repairs even on older models.
Chinese companies, wanting to sell direct in the US, tend to buy older brand names (Akai, Sansui, Emerson, etc). Just recently Sharp TV was taken over by Hisense including the factory in Mexico so even Japanese brand names have value.
m
l