Problem w/Eltron Printer & Win XP Pro

Equipment: Sager 3790 Pentium-M @1600 Mhz w/1024K Cache; 512MB Ram; Windows
XP Pro

I am having trouble printing with my ELTRON (ZEBRA) TLP3742 printer. I am
using Windows XP and have not had any trouble until a few days ago. The
software that came with the printer, CREAT-A- LABEL 3, no longer has the
printer icon available, it is “gray�. The software works fine in all other
functions, for the limited use we have for it, except for print. I had our
IT people come by but the only thing they came up with is the fact that
“possibly� the Windows automatic up-date has loaded something on to my
computer as an improvement to Windows XP but is now causing a conflict with
the older CREAT-A-LABEL software. They got the printer to work by choosing
the label needed and then doing a test print. This has to be repeated for
each individual label you need. This will really be a pain when we start to
need 50 and 100 labels at a time.

I contacted the manufactures of the software TEKLYNX and they said I needed
to purchase the newer version of the software LABEL VIEW so it can work with
Windows XP. No offence to anyone at Windows but everything has been working
fine until this change. The new LABEL VIEW program is $500.00 (retail).

Is there anything that can be done to make the program work like it did
approximately two weeks ago? Does anyone have any idea how this can be
accomplished aside from setting the windows system back? I don’t know what
was up-dated by the Windows automatic up-date and I suppose the up-dates are
necessary, but it looks like it is going to cost me more money. Makes me
wonder what else I am going to have to replace in the near future. Can
someone please help me out?

--
KB

If you are at a work location and you have IT people then the best you
can do is ask them to do a System Restore to a
time two weeks previous. Other than that you can try Uninstalling and
then reinstalling the Printer software.
"KB of SG" <KBofSG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Equipment: Sager 3790 Pentium-M @1600 Mhz w/1024K Cache; 512MB Ram;
> Windows
> XP Pro
>
> I am having trouble printing with my ELTRON (ZEBRA) TLP3742 printer. I am
> using Windows XP and have not had any trouble until a few days ago. The
> software that came with the printer, CREAT-A- LABEL 3, no longer has the
> printer icon available, it is "gray". The software works fine in all
> other
> functions, for the limited use we have for it, except for print. I had
> our
> IT people come by but the only thing they came up with is the fact that
> "possibly" the Windows automatic up-date has loaded something on to my
> computer as an improvement to Windows XP but is now causing a conflict
> with
> the older CREAT-A-LABEL software. They got the printer to work by
> choosing
> the label needed and then doing a test print. This has to be repeated for
> each individual label you need. This will really be a pain when we start
> need 50 and 100 labels at a time.
>
> I contacted the manufactures of the software TEKLYNX and they said I
> needed
> to purchase the newer version of the software LABEL VIEW so it can work
> with
> Windows XP. No offence to anyone at Windows but everything has been
> working
> fine until this change. The new LABEL VIEW program is $500.00 (retail).
>
> Is there anything that can be done to make the program work like it did
> approximately two weeks ago? Does anyone have any idea how this can be
> accomplished aside from setting the windows system back? I don't know
> what
> was up-dated by the Windows automatic up-date and I suppose the up-dates
> are
> necessary, but it looks like it is going to cost me more money. Makes me
> wonder what else I am going to have to replace in the near future. Can
> someone please help me out?
>
> --
> KB

Rich Barry

Thanks for replying. I re-contacted the IT people and they feel that the
problem is with a "Key" that came with the software and that re-installing
the program will not fix it. The program works fine except for the print
funtion. I have the "key" on my desk top that I had to use when I originally
got the program with the printer and the Tech tried to use it but it did not
change anything. He suggested that I purchase an inexspensive bar code
program, we only need code 39, and use the Windows drivers.

--
KB