Security dongle not recognised after fitting new m/board

Hi,
I fitted a new m/board and cpu for a freind a few weeks back, after
the cpu went belly up taking the board with it. Anyway the usb security
dinkey now is not recocnised after following the instructions from the
software manufacturer. I have installed , un installed, installed the
drivers, rebooted between each instance, went to add hardware - nothing
found, winxp did not pick the dinkey up on reboot as it should have done
in theory. Eevn tried a parallel dinkey, and enabled legacy devices in
the BIOS, but still no go.
The board I fitted was an Asrock for an intel cpu. Can't recall the
exact type of board now.
Any ideas anyone on what to do next?

Thanks
--

Bob H
Leeds UK

First, you need to know if the USB ports are enabled in the BIOS and that
they are correctly working.

"Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I fitted a new m/board and cpu for a freind a few weeks back, after the
> cpu went belly up taking the board with it. Anyway the usb security dinkey
> now is not recocnised after following the instructions from the software
> manufacturer. I have installed , un installed, installed the drivers,
> rebooted between each instance, went to add hardware - nothing found,
> winxp did not pick the dinkey up on reboot as it should have done in
> theory. Eevn tried a parallel dinkey, and enabled legacy devices in the
> BIOS, but still no go.
> The board I fitted was an Asrock for an intel cpu. Can't recall the exact
> type of board now.
> Any ideas anyone on what to do next?
>
> Thanks
> --
>
> Bob H
> Leeds UK

The USB ports are enabled and do work, as in the USB printer works, but
when the dinkey is put in the same port it doesn't?
Thanks

--

Bob H
Leeds UK

Some of those security dongles require special settings and drivers to
work depending on the particular SP installed in Windows XP. Contact the
tech support folks for the software and dongle and see what they say.