Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need help to setup between server/ client

Last response: in Windows 7
September 25, 2012 1:19:46 PM

1)im newbie. dont know what must i setup for 1 server and 10 client pc for internet cafe.what must i do 1st?
really need help.

2) i heard there a program like handy cafe/ true cafe and etc. which is suite for internet cafe?

hope this thread are not in wrong topics. thanks to all. :( 

More about : setup server client

a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 1:30:14 PM

You probably don't need a server, just a decent router (no cheap-ass Netgear!)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 1:35:05 PM

If you really have to ask those questions then you don't have the requisite skills to be doing this on your own. You need to hire a professional.
m
l
Related resources
September 25, 2012 1:40:30 PM

actually i have basic on formatting, repairing desktop pc and laptop... my friend opened internet cafe business.. he need to upgrade his server.. so he bought new pc.. beside that, he ask me to install software like true cafe for his server n client pc. to config on it, honestly im still "newbie" in networking knowledge. thats why im ask 4 help to do it. anyway thanks for your response exbubblehead & mi1ez
m
l
September 25, 2012 1:42:58 PM

so, i think, not worth it if i pay someone just to config it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 1:47:39 PM

If you are planning to lock down the PCs and work out billing etc you will need a server and cyber cafe software like those you linked - though the server can just be another PC in most cases.

I don't really recommend letting your customers install loads of crap so a router only option is probably not such a great idea. You could maybe look at an integrated appliance that did AV and URL filtering but they could still screw your PCs over with just that.
m
l
September 25, 2012 1:52:47 PM

noise said:
If you are planning to lock down the PCs and work out billing etc you will need a server and cyber cafe software like those you linked - though the server can just be another PC in most cases.

I don't really recommend letting your customers install loads of crap so a router only option is probably not such a great idea. You could maybe look at an integrated appliance that did AV and URL filtering but they could still screw your PCs over with just that.

yup.. im planning to control client pc using that server. so, 1st thing i must do, maybe istall deep freeze for client pc.. and then i need to disable CTRL+ALT+DEL button for client pc. so. thats why i need some of advice for setting on server PC. im still blur on VPN, DHCP, DOMAIN. so, dont know which step i must do 1st.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 2:51:01 PM

A friend of mine setup a cyber cafe and he installed a load of thin clients to run off a nice beefy server, system is pretty well locked down as users are only using a virtual pc and when user is finished, the system autmatically reboots and sets up a new clean system for next person.
m
l
September 25, 2012 3:45:57 PM

das_stig said:
A friend of mine setup a cyber cafe and he installed a load of thin clients to run off a nice beefy server, system is pretty well locked down as users are only using a virtual pc and when user is finished, the system autmatically reboots and sets up a new clean system for next person.

he installed a oad of thin client? so, do i need to configure it on Server or there a any software that can be run this job?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 5:54:10 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
If you really have to ask those questions then you don't have the requisite skills to be doing this on your own. You need to hire a professional.

Hi :) 

Excellent advice....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l

Best solution

September 25, 2012 10:04:47 PM

Yo, install smartlaunch internet cafe -server and clients and all job done :)  he will lock clients (ctral alt delete and much more ) its easy 2 use once u get it
a b $ Windows 7
September 26, 2012 8:27:48 AM

It's easy enough to lock down a PC using local group policy, although if there's dedicated cyber-cafe software that can do the same thing that's probably a better route.
m
l
September 26, 2012 10:51:42 AM

Best answer selected by eyelipslullaby.
m
l
September 26, 2012 10:52:26 AM

ivica001 said:
Yo, install smartlaunch internet cafe -server and clients and all job done :)  he will lock clients (ctral alt delete and much more ) its easy 2 use once u get it

thanks and simple answer.i understand it..thanks again
m
l
September 26, 2012 10:53:48 AM

mi1ez said:
It's easy enough to lock down a PC using local group policy, although if there's dedicated cyber-cafe software that can do the same thing that's probably a better route.

sorry... now i understand a little bit. i forgot to change setting on advance sharing setting. now already solve it.. anyway thanks a lot sir
m
l
September 26, 2012 11:45:46 AM

to all of you..this is my 1st time using tomshardware... all of u help me..a thousand thanks and i appreciate it.. thanks tom's member and thanks to TOMSHARDWARE...
m
l
!