Solved

Need help to setup between server/ client

1)im newbie. dont know what must i setup for 1 server and 10 client pc for internet cafe.what must i do 1st?
really need help.

2) i heard there a program like handy cafe/ true cafe and etc. which is suite for internet cafe?

hope this thread are not in wrong topics. thanks to all. :(
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need setup server client
  1. You probably don't need a server, just a decent router (no cheap-ass Netgear!)
  2. If you really have to ask those questions then you don't have the requisite skills to be doing this on your own. You need to hire a professional.
  3. actually i have basic on formatting, repairing desktop pc and laptop... my friend opened internet cafe business.. he need to upgrade his server.. so he bought new pc.. beside that, he ask me to install software like true cafe for his server n client pc. to config on it, honestly im still "newbie" in networking knowledge. thats why im ask 4 help to do it. anyway thanks for your response exbubblehead & mi1ez
  4. so, i think, not worth it if i pay someone just to config it.
  5. If you are planning to lock down the PCs and work out billing etc you will need a server and cyber cafe software like those you linked - though the server can just be another PC in most cases.

    I don't really recommend letting your customers install loads of crap so a router only option is probably not such a great idea. You could maybe look at an integrated appliance that did AV and URL filtering but they could still screw your PCs over with just that.
  6. noise said:
    If you are planning to lock down the PCs and work out billing etc you will need a server and cyber cafe software like those you linked - though the server can just be another PC in most cases.

    I don't really recommend letting your customers install loads of crap so a router only option is probably not such a great idea. You could maybe look at an integrated appliance that did AV and URL filtering but they could still screw your PCs over with just that.



    yup.. im planning to control client pc using that server. so, 1st thing i must do, maybe istall deep freeze for client pc.. and then i need to disable CTRL+ALT+DEL button for client pc. so. thats why i need some of advice for setting on server PC. im still blur on VPN, DHCP, DOMAIN. so, dont know which step i must do 1st.
  7. A friend of mine setup a cyber cafe and he installed a load of thin clients to run off a nice beefy server, system is pretty well locked down as users are only using a virtual pc and when user is finished, the system autmatically reboots and sets up a new clean system for next person.
  8. das_stig said:
    A friend of mine setup a cyber cafe and he installed a load of thin clients to run off a nice beefy server, system is pretty well locked down as users are only using a virtual pc and when user is finished, the system autmatically reboots and sets up a new clean system for next person.



    he installed a oad of thin client? so, do i need to configure it on Server or there a any software that can be run this job?
  9. ex_bubblehead said:
    If you really have to ask those questions then you don't have the requisite skills to be doing this on your own. You need to hire a professional.



    Hi :)

    Excellent advice....

    All the best Brett :)
  10. Best answer
    Yo, install smartlaunch internet cafe -server and clients and all job done :) he will lock clients (ctral alt delete and much more ) its easy 2 use once u get it
  11. It's easy enough to lock down a PC using local group policy, although if there's dedicated cyber-cafe software that can do the same thing that's probably a better route.
  12. Best answer selected by eyelipslullaby.
  13. ivica001 said:
    Yo, install smartlaunch internet cafe -server and clients and all job done :) he will lock clients (ctral alt delete and much more ) its easy 2 use once u get it



    thanks and simple answer.i understand it..thanks again
  14. mi1ez said:
    It's easy enough to lock down a PC using local group policy, although if there's dedicated cyber-cafe software that can do the same thing that's probably a better route.



    sorry... now i understand a little bit. i forgot to change setting on advance sharing setting. now already solve it.. anyway thanks a lot sir
  15. to all of you..this is my 1st time using tomshardware... all of u help me..a thousand thanks and i appreciate it.. thanks tom's member and thanks to TOMSHARDWARE...
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Servers Internet Windows 7