Mirror Backup

July 21, 2005 5:07:01 PM

I'm looking for a program that will mirror my internal to my external hard
drive. Is there a way to get around copying everything over daily or weekly
(time consuming)? Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Wes

More about : mirror backup

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 7:10:28 PM

You'll need a third-party imaging program.

Norton Ghost 9.0
http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/featu...

Animated Shockwave Ghost tutorial with sound
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/tutorial/ghost_2002/20...

How to perform a disk-to-disk clone
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/pfdocs/2...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Wes Sage" wrote:

| I'm looking for a program that will mirror my internal to my external hard
| drive. Is there a way to get around copying everything over daily or weekly
| (time consuming)? Thanks for any help you can provide.
|
| - Wes
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 9:26:36 AM

Mirroring is a RAID function. Get a bootable RAID card or mobo w/RAID.

Another reply mentions solutions for cloning.

Since most externals can't boot, a clone is virtually idiotic. A better
solution to an external is an image backup. Hell of lot faster too.

!