Office, Powerpoint, Excel...?

Does Windows XP Profession come with Office or Powerpoint or Excel or
anything like that already on it???
9 answers Last reply
More about office powerpoint excel

    In news:23FA31F0-23C6-485A-B878-C2D828AA038E@microsoft.com,
    ~C~ <~C~@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > Does Windows XP Profession come with Office or Powerpoint or
    > Excel or
    > anything like that already on it?

    No.
    Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has *ever*
    included Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, or any other
    significant application software. Such programs have to be
    bought, either by themselves or as part of Microsoft Office.

    If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows,
    came with these, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled
    them as part of the package he sold you, not because that version
    of Windows came with them. Some, but not all, vendors do the same
    with Windows XP.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    No, and no Microsoft operating system ever has.
    Some computer manufacturers have bundled some or all of those with their
    computers leading some to believe they were part of Windows.

    If you need then, you need to buy them:
    http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=887e5ede-cc3b-480d-b05d-4a9b428ae003&type=ovr
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/default.mspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "~C~" <~C~@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does Windows XP Profession come with Office or Powerpoint or Excel or
    > anything like that already on it???

    No. Microsoft Office products are sold separately.

    How to Buy Office 2003
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/standard.mspx

    What's in the Office 2003 Editions?
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "~C~" wrote:

    | Does Windows XP Profession come with Office or Powerpoint or Excel or
    | anything like that already on it???

    no. that is MS office.

    It does come with a nifty program called notepad though :).

    ~C~ wrote:
    > Does Windows XP Profession come with Office or Powerpoint or Excel or
    > anything like that already on it???

    No. Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
    individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
    Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
    system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
    must be purchased and installed separately.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Nope. I thought that too before I got Pro.

    Try this http://www.openoffice.org/

    "Manny Borges" <manny_borges@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > no. that is MS office.
    >
    > It does come with a nifty program called notepad though :).
    >
    > "~C~" <~C~@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Does Windows XP Profession come with Office or Powerpoint or Excel or
    >> anything like that already on it???

    ....and a calculator, neither of which have been reported to of crashed.

    - Winux P

    Manny Borges wrote:

    > no. that is MS office.
    >
    > It does come with a nifty program called notepad though :).
    >
    > "~C~" <~C~@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does Windows XP Profession come with Office or Powerpoint or Excel or
    >>anything like that already on it???

    Don't forget Wordpad!

    Check Microsoft's web site for Word, Excel and Powerpoint readers. These
    applications woun't permit editing of the documents, but may permit you
    to display or print them.

    Do a Google search for Open Office. It's MUCH less expensive.

Windows XP Excel Microsoft Office PowerPoint