Lines on printing hp printer

G

Hello,
my printer is printing lines when i am printing pics. I have jst instaled a new colour ink cartridge- pls help?

G

Hello,
my printer is printing lines when i am printing pics. I have jst instaled a new colour ink cartridge- pls help?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Have you calibrated the print heads or conducted a cleaning lately? What make/model of printer are you using? With that info, you can download printer utilities directly from the printer manufacturer to address these issues.

Good luck!

morbious81

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
What printer ar you using?

Make sure you have selected the proper paper type, printing to photo paper with plain paper settings can cause lines. If the paper settings are correct then try running a cartridge cleaning cycle from the toolbox, it may be that you have some nozzles clogged. If there are regular repeating lines then you may have an issue with the electrical connection of the color cartridge.Try removing the cartrdige and cleaning the contacts.

+1. I would think the head just needs to be cleaned. If this doesn't work you can take a lint free cloth and some rubbing alcohol and clean the pins.

How long after removing the tape seal was the cartridge left open to the air?
At any time after removing the tape seal was the printhead allowed to sit up against something absorbant?
How long was this cartridge laying on the shelf?
Was the foil pouch intact or was there a small hole in it?
Was this in fact a "new" cartridge, or perhaps "new" only to the user?
Is this a refilled cartridge?

Just a few of the reasons to clean a printhead that was just installed.

OK, I'll give you the time left out in the air - he said he put in a new cartridge(which to me means new out of the box). If it really isn't new, then he probably needs to get a NEW one. BTW what boat were you on. I made 6 patrols on the Vallejo.