Welcome screen

After installing Adobe Type Manager, the fonts on the Welcome screen no
longer appear the same. How does one change the fonts so that they appear as
they were when Windows XP was installed? I am using Service Pack 2 on
Windows XP Professional.

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: SYSTEM RESTORE , and hit enter.
3. Then click on: "Run the System Restore Wizard".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"geejayjay" wrote:

| After installing Adobe Type Manager, the fonts on the Welcome screen no
| longer appear the same. How does one change the fonts so that they appear as
| they were when Windows XP was installed? I am using Service Pack 2 on
| Windows XP Professional.

There are several ways to go about fixing system problems. I followed
instructions previously given to me by Microsoft. They started off by
turning System Restore off and then running sfc /scannow. This means that
any restore state that existed prior to this procedure has been deleted.
There is no state to restore to that does not include the corrupted Welcome
screen. Can someone identify the *.ini or Welcome startup screen that can be
edited or the registry entries that can be edited to correct this situation?
It is minor; however, I do not know if other programs have been affected by
this situation. When I installed Adobe Type Manager, instead of Latin
alphabetical characters it suddenly switched to Wingdings. I rebooted and
that is when I noticed that the Welcome screen had been perverted. When I
tried to enter things into dialog boxes prior to the reboot, the same
Wingdings font was used.