Start | Run | Type: msinfo32 | OK |
[+] Components
[+] Multimedia
Audio Codecs
Video Codecs

Installed Codecs...

Sounds and Audio Device Properties
Start | Run | Type: mmsys.cpl | OK |
Hardware tab | Audio Codecs | Properties button |
Properties tab | Highlight codec | Properties button

Sounds and Audio Device Properties
Start | Run | Type: mmsys.cpl | OK |
Hardware tab | Video Codecs | Properties button |
Properties tab | Highlight codec | Properties button

How to Download Codecs Automatically in Windows Media Player for Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291818

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23vidxwjjFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Frank <fb@notspam.com> hunted and pecked:
> In what folder are the codecs stored and what extension do they go by?
> Thanks.
> FB

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Frank wrote:

> In what folder are the codecs stored and what extension do they go by?
> Thanks.
> FB

Thanks guys!
FB

SHERLOCK - The Codec Detective
http://www.updatexp.com/sherlock-codec-detective.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Frank" wrote:

| In what folder are the codecs stored and what extension do they go by?
| Thanks.
| FB

Frank,

The best Codec manager that I know is MMCompView

MMCompView v1.10 - View installed Codec and ActiveX filters and enable /
disable them:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mmview.html

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP