Codec folder and file extension..?

In what folder are the codecs stored and what extension do they go by?
Thanks.
FB
4 answers Last reply
More about codec folder file extension

    Installed Codecs...

    Start | Run | Type: msinfo32 | OK |
    [+] Components
    [+] Multimedia
    Audio Codecs
    Video Codecs

    Installed Codecs...

    Sounds and Audio Device Properties
    Start | Run | Type: mmsys.cpl | OK |
    Hardware tab | Audio Codecs | Properties button |
    Properties tab | Highlight codec | Properties button

    Sounds and Audio Device Properties
    Start | Run | Type: mmsys.cpl | OK |
    Hardware tab | Video Codecs | Properties button |
    Properties tab | Highlight codec | Properties button

    How to Download Codecs Automatically in Windows Media Player for Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291818

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23vidxwjjFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Frank <fb@notspam.com> hunted and pecked:

    Frank wrote:

    > In what folder are the codecs stored and what extension do they go by?
    > Thanks.
    > FB

    Thanks guys!
    FB

    SHERLOCK - The Codec Detective
    http://www.updatexp.com/sherlock-codec-detective.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Frank" wrote:

    | In what folder are the codecs stored and what extension do they go by?
    | Thanks.
    | FB

    Frank,

    The best Codec manager that I know is MMCompView

    MMCompView v1.10 - View installed Codec and ActiveX filters and enable /
    disable them:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mmview.html

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Frank" <fb@notspam.com> wrote in message
    > In what folder are the codecs stored and what extension do they go by?
    > Thanks.
    > FB

Codec Microsoft Extension File Extension Windows XP