Flashed BIOS, now getting error 10 on NIC driver

I have an ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard in my pc running Win7 x64. I had been having an unrelated issue with a blue screen, and updated the BIOS using the EZ Flash option in the BIOS itself to update drivers to the most current on the ASUS website. After that was completed, I was able to get the computer to boot, but had no Network Connections available when I got into Windows. Upon checking the Device Manager, I found that the driver was marked with the yellow ! and it was giving Error Code 10 (device failed to start).

I have found that this error is typically associated with driver issues, but I've installed every driver I can find from the ASUS and Realtek sites, as well as attempted to roll the BIOS to an earlier version. I already have made sure that the NIC is enabled in the BIOS. I actually finally got fed up and decided to risk a reformat, and alas, still no network connection.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other steps I've taken, so forgive me, it's been a long night (and morning) trying to get this sorted out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
3 answers Last reply
More about flashed bios error driver
  1. Do you have a Linux boot utility that you can boot to see if the networking operates that way. It will allow you to verify that the networking hardware on the motherboard is good.
  2. I do not. I can try to create one if it will help. I will post the results shortly.
  3. Update: in the Ubuntu boot utility, I am getting a "Cable unplugged" status for my wired connection. I suppose this means the hardware was damaged somehow during the BIOS flash? Or could it still be another issue related to settings in the BIOS?
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Asus BIOS Windows 7