Flashed BIOS, now getting error 10 on NIC driver

kennydiskord

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I have an ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard in my pc running Win7 x64. I had been having an unrelated issue with a blue screen, and updated the BIOS using the EZ Flash option in the BIOS itself to update drivers to the most current on the ASUS website. After that was completed, I was able to get the computer to boot, but had no Network Connections available when I got into Windows. Upon checking the Device Manager, I found that the driver was marked with the yellow ! and it was giving Error Code 10 (device failed to start).

I have found that this error is typically associated with driver issues, but I've installed every driver I can find from the ASUS and Realtek sites, as well as attempted to roll the BIOS to an earlier version. I already have made sure that the NIC is enabled in the BIOS. I actually finally got fed up and decided to risk a reformat, and alas, still no network connection.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other steps I've taken, so forgive me, it's been a long night (and morning) trying to get this sorted out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

kennydiskord

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Update: in the Ubuntu boot utility, I am getting a "Cable unplugged" status for my wired connection. I suppose this means the hardware was damaged somehow during the BIOS flash? Or could it still be another issue related to settings in the BIOS?